mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 14 Sep 2010, 20:56   #76
suzieq
Mega Loafer

All the other Kasim threads are locked for one reason or another. But I saw a recent pic of Kasim online and thought.....now he looks like he's having fun...so I just thought I'd share this photo as an update. It must be a picture from one of all those projects he had lined up at the time of his decision to part ways with Meat/NLE.

Grass greener on the other side? Not sure but it certainly is colorful

suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2010, 21:10   #77
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieq View Post

Grass greener on the other side? Not sure but it certainly is colorful

Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2010, 21:24   #78
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

In other Kasim news, I got this message from him on Facebook, posted as an event invitation (hopefully he won't mind me sharing )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasim

I need you to help create the artwork for my new album.

Through 'The Project' you can submit a photo which will be incorporated into a mosaic portrait of myself on the CD cover. Only the first 1,000 fans that respond will be able to participate in the project. There is a cost involved, $50 plus S&H. but you get lots of stuff in addition to being on the cover!

The $50 cost includes:
...1. Your own copy of the CD, ahead of the stores;
2. An 11 x 17 poster of the cover, with an indication of the location of your picture;
3. Exclusive goodies and music samples throughout the writing and recording process;
4. Entry into a drawing to have me play * “in your living room.”

*The costs of travel and lodging to anywhere in the Continental U.S. and Europe will be covered. If outside of the Continental U.S. and Europe, we’ll work out the details personally with you.

There will be plenty of special guests on the CD as well.

We will stop taking submissions and close the living room concert contest for entries as soon as we reach our limit of 1,000 entries.
Good chance for the Kasim uber fans to be a part of his next album.
Contact him direct on Facebook if interested.
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2010, 21:28   #79
SueW

Messages on Facebook don't go directly to Kasim.

If you're interested in "The Project" you need to go to http://www.kasimsulton.com/the-project/ for full details.
SueW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2010, 21:28   #80
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

I saw that. It said somewhere that it was going to be hist last album. Any reason why?
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2010, 21:28   #81
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW View Post

If you're interested in "The Project" you need to go to http://www.kasimsulton.com/the-project/ for full details.

And now you know folks

Thanks Sue
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2010, 21:30   #82
AndrewG

That's where I saw it about it being his final album. Thanks Sue.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 21:31   #83
SueW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
I saw that. It said somewhere that it was going to be hist last album. Any reason why?
It'll be his last physical album. After that you'll be able to buy all his music only via download.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 21:35   #84
AndrewG

Quote:
It'll be his last physical album. After that you'll be able to buy all his music only via download.
Oh right. Thanks Sue. Fair enough. I've heard a few artists say that the CD format is dying and I guess resorting to download only makes sense. I'm saddened to see Apple take such a monopoly on things. They used to be the underdog and cool. I find it all pretty lame these days to be honest. I'd rather have a physical CD any day and only resort to buying mp3s if the physical thing is not available such as Itunes concerts. The physical packaging forms part of the story and creativity I think and it's great to see Kasim do something special for his last one then.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 21:40   #85
samurai7
Rock Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
In other Kasim news, I got this message from him on Facebook, posted as an event invitation (hopefully he won't mind me sharing )

Good chance for the Kasim uber fans to be a part of his next album.
Contact him direct on Facebook if interested.
Yet when Meat did this (Man of Steel Poster included with the single) it was free.
samurai7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2010, 21:50   #86
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7 View Post
Yet when Meat did this (Man of Steel Poster included with the single) it was free.
Yes but you get the CD and a poster plus an indication of where you are on the cover which obviously takes some time to sort out. I'm not saying that justifies the entire cost but perhaps Kasim also needs a few extra resources to get this and the album cost of the ground. More and more are artists resorting to this kind of stuff. See http://www.pledgemusic.com/
And it's possibly due to the likes of the MP3 and Apple that artists such as Kasim can perhaps no longer afford these kind of freebies.
My two cents anyway.

I can't slate Kasim on this one.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 15:45   #87
Sarahdk23
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7 View Post
One of the things you get from these money is also a chance to win a solo show at your own house, with all costs payed if you live in USA and Europe, So I think the cost is fair enough. (Im thinking planetickets, hotel etc.)

Suzie, the reason he is wearing that suit is for a Todd show. He is playing his 2 albums Healing and Todd
Sarahdk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2010, 15:48   #88
Sarahdk23
Super Loafer

Quote:
Well, he does read them and answers questions from time to time.

But you are of course right about the project, that you need to go to the website to submit your picture
Old 15 Sep 2010, 16:16   #89
SueW

But if you want to know that he's received a message, you should email him directly via KasimMusic@aol.com as only he has access to that account.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 17:02   #90
Sarahdk23
Super Loafer

Allright, you win
Old 15 Sep 2010, 21:29   #91
Steve6
Batman

It's great that you can submit a photo of yourself and hopefully make the front cover..sounds kinda different.

Kasim "The Hippy" Sulton!! I love the clothes though.
Steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2010, 02:32   #92
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer

Quote:
probably because no one buys his music.
Elijah's way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2010, 02:44   #93
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah's way View Post
I know your reply was a bit of a joke. However I actually think that no artist or person should ever give up making music or playing it just because hardly anyone buys it. Even if you have an audience of just 1 I think it's worthwhile but knowing from reactions around here and on Facebook and from seeing him do the support acts live I know that number is significantly higher for Kasim.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 02:50   #94
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Quote:
Stupid reply, more to do with the costs associated with releasing a cd format as opposed to download. Do yourself a favour and think before posting

Quote:
I know your reply was a bit of a joke. However I actually think that no artist or person should ever give up making music or playing it just because hardly anyone buys it. Even if you have an audience of just 1 I think it's worthwhile
Hear hear, as someone who's better half is going to try to make a living out of people recording their music I really agree, that asside I respect anyone who records and makes available what they have, putting yourself out there to be judged on it takes balls.
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2010, 05:13   #95
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
Stupid reply, more to do with the costs associated with releasing a cd format as opposed to download. Do yourself a favour and think before posting

Hear hear, as someone who's better half is going to try to make a living out of people recording their music I really agree, that asside I respect anyone who records and makes available what they have, putting yourself out there to be judged on it takes balls.
Do yourself a favour and don't be an ASS!! Man some people just can't take a joke.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 05:44   #96
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Quote:
Do yourself a favour and don't be an ASS!! Man some people just can't take a joke.
Go to Andrews post above to see a sensible response. You never said you were joking.

Call me an ASS again for what was a sensible reply to a post and see how long your ban will be.
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2010, 10:40   #97
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
Go to Andrews post above to see a sensible response. You never said you were joking.

Call me an ASS again for what was a sensible reply to a post and see how long your ban will be.
Really?!?! There's no reason to act like that when you're the one that started it. I figured with the on that post people would get that I was joking just lighten up!! It'd be silly to ban me over something so harmless. Calling you an ass is no different than you calling me stupid! And another thing that was not a sensible reply, you insulted me and you should know that you would get it right back. So you shouldn't dish it if you can't take it.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 10:41   #98
A Slice Of English

Quote:
Really?!?! There's no reason to act like that when you're the one that started it. I figured with the on that post people would get that I was joking just lighten up!! It'd be silly to ban me over something so harmless. Calling you an ass is no different than you calling me stupid! And another thing that was not a sensible reply, you insulted me and you should know that you would get it right back. So you shouldn't dish it if you can't take it.
He didn't call YOU stupid, he called your reply stupid. He's also a mod and it's his job to call people on senseless remarks like yours.

I don't like any of Kasims solo stuff and would never dream of buying it, but I would also never dream of insulting someone over it and then suggesting that the insult is a harmless joke.

It's akin to saying "I'm not be an arsehole but your music really sucks and no one likes it, ha, ha, ha." when what you're really doing is trying to justify an insult by suggesting you're being funny.

Which it wasn't.
A Slice Of English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2010, 10:49   #99
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slice Of English View Post
He didn't call YOU stupid, he called your reply stupid. He's also a mod and it's his job to call people on senseless remarks like yours.

I don't like any of Kasims solo stuff and would never dream of buying it, but I would also never dream of insulting someone over it and then suggesting that the insult is a harmless joke.

It's akin to saying "I'm not be an arsehole but your music really sucks and no one likes it, ha, ha, ha." when what you're really doing is trying to justify an insult by suggesting you're being funny.

Which it wasn't.
And how do you know?? You don't know me and you don't know how my sense of humor works so keep out of it it's none of you're business! And yes he pretty much said that I'm stupid just like you're doing now.

And to clear any other confusion I really like Kasim, he is one hell of a bass player.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 11:02   #100
A Slice Of English

Quote:
And how do you know?? You don't know me and you don't know how my sense of humor works so keep out of it it's none of you're business! And yes he pretty much said that I'm stupid just like you're doing now.

And to clear any other confusion I really like Kasim, he is one hell of a bass player.
I know because you said you were trying to make it come across as funny. I didn't find it funny. Which means it WASN'T funny, to me.

And nowhere have I called you stupid. You're reading what you want to see. And if it was "none of my business", it wouldn't be on a public forum, it would be a conversation held in private between you and Monstro. It's in the public domain, so it automatically becomes of public interest. Ergo, it IS my business.

Last edited by A Slice Of English; 18 Sep 2010 at 11:09.
A Slice Of English is offline   Reply With Quote