Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 28 Sep 2013, 14:19   #301
wolfy35
Dangerous on a full moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
It does for me, if he adds a 2 CD set of the LAB and MMW Tour
I find myself deeply in shock at having to do this for the first time but I agree with Wario on this one. I too would like a DVD set if it includes LAB & MMW

I enjoy the Storytellers DVD it shows the "cheeky interactive" side of Meat that for me has been sadly lacking the last couple of time I have seen him. I know I may be in the minority but I enjoy seeing Meat for the overall experience rather than just the music and the interactive bits added to the experience massively.
wolfy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 16:33   #302
JennaG
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy35 View Post
I too would like a DVD set if it includes LAB & MMW I enjoy the Storytellers DVD it shows the "cheeky interactive" side of Meat that for me has been sadly lacking the last couple of time I have seen him. I know I may be in the minority but I enjoy seeing Meat for the overall experience rather than just the music and the interactive bits added to the experience massively.
Whilst I'm not overly bothered about having a DVD or a CD of LAB, I agree that the more interactive side of Meat and the more personal kind of performance as seen in the Storytellers DVD have been missing from the shows.

There was less chat in LAB compared to some previous tours and whilst some might like it that way, I like a little bit more than just playing the song as it on the record. It's those bits of audience interaction that make a concert special for me and that's why I'm having such a hard time dealing with the fact that I'm not able to be there to see one of the Vegas shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
JennaG is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 02:07   #303
LisaT
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaG View Post
There was less chat in LAB compared to some previous tours and whilst some might like it that way, I like a little bit more than just playing the song as it on the record. It's those bits of audience interaction that make a concert special for me and that's why I'm having such a hard time dealing with the fact that I'm not able to be there to see one of the Vegas shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Totally with you on that one, Jenna! Keeping my fingers crossed for the West End!
LisaT is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 04:39   #304
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

nobodys reviews tell anything about the show. Put stuff in spoilers and spoil the shit out of everything for us who cant afford to go.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 04:49   #305
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
nobodys reviews tell anything about the show. Put stuff in spoilers and spoil the shit out of everything for us who cant afford to go.
yes plz
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2013, 05:37   #306
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:

There's no reason why anyone should feel compelled in the midst of attending these to try and describe in detail what happens .. particularly as the shows have been quite a bit different each night. The second night I saw things I'd forgotten .. I have said it's spectacular, done my best to describe the overall show in the appropriate thread .. and if that's not good enough .. well tough. This is a developing show, you have the set list .. it will be different tomorrow. As far as I know there are just 4 people posting regularly from here who have been to the first 2 shows. I think we've done our best

Last edited by CarylB; 30 Sep 2013 at 06:32.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2013, 07:08   #307
Wario

hard for me to get a grasp at all what the show is like. Like what questions were asked and interesting stuff he said.

Does he tell a full story about rocky horror before hot patootie?
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 08:15   #308
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
hard for me to get a grasp at all what the show is like. Like what questions were asked and interesting stuff he said.

Does he tell a full story about rocky horror before hot patootie?
Music, songs, talk, dancing, spectacle. Meat has actually said a lot about what the show will involve.

People in Vegas seem unable to grasp what a question is .. saying Happy Birthday or suggesting you should be his date for his birthday are hardly questions. Meat says different things each night .. Answer to your last question, No.

There's a show opening. Meat does as he said he would .. open himself up to questions from the audience. He has a stock of photos, video, film etc which is stored on his ipad, and depending on how he takes the show he will show different things. He will segue into the songs in between, just as he said he would. There will be things that surprise and excite. As a whole it will blow your mind, and be quite unlike any Meat show you've seen before.

The audience will apparently be unable to grasp what questions are .. this no-one could have anticipated.

Meat will deliver despite this.

If that's insufficient to enable you to grasp what the show it like than I can't help you. If you expect me to remember and quote everything he says each night, then I can't help you. But Meat will always be interesting. This is not a tour where he has designed a new scenario for Paradise, and will follow that with some modifications. He builds an interactive show each night. To know more you need to see one, as I am neither a video-recorder nor a stenographer. This means you get to a show or wait for a DVD, because you will not see it all laid out on YT.

It's special, it's new, it's a product of Meat's creative vision. The producers are very pleased. I believe firmly that he will be doing a further residency at Vegas, and that we will see it developed for theatres as he hoped.

I would recommend anyone to save and plan to get to see a show. And to be hugely pleased for Meat that he has pulled off something innovative and very special, and something that opens up a new path for him.
1 User Dislikes This Post.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 09:08   #309
Wario

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Music, songs, talk, dancing, spectacle. Meat has actually said a lot about what the show will involve.

People in Vegas seem unable to grasp what a question is .. saying Happy Birthday or suggesting you should be his date for his birthday are hardly questions. Meat says different things each night .. Answer to your last question, No.

There's a show opening. Meat does as he said he would .. open himself up to questions from the audience. He has a stock of photos, video, film etc which is stored on his ipad, and depending on how he takes the show he will show different things. He will segue into the songs in between, just as he said he would. There will be things that surprise and excite. As a whole it will blow your mind, and be quite unlike any Meat show you've seen before.

The audience will apparently be unable to grasp what questions are .. this no-one could have anticipated.

Meat will deliver despite this.

If that's insufficient to enable you to grasp what the show it like than I can't help you. If you expect me to remember and quote everything he says each night, then I can't help you. But Meat will always be interesting. This is not a tour where he has designed a new scenario for Paradise, and will follow that with some modifications. He builds an interactive show each night. To know more you need to see one, as I am neither a video-recorder nor a stenographer. This means you get to a show or wait for a DVD, because you will not see it all laid out on YT.

It's special, it's new, it's a product of Meat's creative vision. The producers are very pleased. I believe firmly that he will be doing a further residency at Vegas, and that we will see it developed for theatres as he hoped.

I would recommend anyone to save and plan to get to see a show. And to be hugely pleased for Meat that he has pulled off something innovative and very special, and something that opens up a new path for him.
WHat film does he show? Wishhhh I could go. Dang, does hot patootie have an actual ending that concludes, or des it just go "I really love that rock nad rollllll" and he stops?
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 09:25   #310
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
WHat film does he show? Wishhhh I could go. Dang, does hot patootie have an actual ending that concludes, or des it just go "I really love that rock nad rollllll" and he stops?
Jesus .. what he shows depends on how the show goes. I HAVE SEEN JUST 2 SHOWS, not the contents of his ipad. Each night was different. Can I remember every piece from the ipad each night? Can I ~~~~~~y! Hot Patootie goes into Time Warp, and whether it has what you term a "proper ending" I have no sodding idea .. it just sounds and looks amazing!! It ends and the show continues.

I saved and saved, and spent a lot to come to Vegas and see this show. I came to have a great time, watching Meat deliver something new and exciting. I am doing that .. not making notes.

Meat's been awake until the small hours night after night working on this innovative show. Chris, I wouldn't want to dissect it to death like a butterfly on a killing board even if I could. It's a slice of ever changing magic, it's exciting, it's fun, it's different each night as Meat said it would be. It's to be experienced and enjoyed.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 15:03   #311
Wario

I give up. I have to wait for the DVD to understand this show
Old 30 Sep 2013, 15:28   #312
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I have to wait for a DVD to understand this show
It's not actually been confirmed that there will be one.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2013, 18:29   #313
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I think you will, for clearly none of us can help you "understand" .. whatever that means? It's a SHOW .. Meat sings, talks to the audience, uses an ipad to show material on a large screen to augment his talking, sings again. The band play. Dancers dance. What is there to NOT understand?

If you are looking for some kind of transcript of the show ..there isn't one. Meat has SAID .. there's a foundation and the full detail of the show is different every night. It's NOT a tour concert, so if you hope to read our experiences and run your real or mental tapes to find the closest one .. you'll be shit out of luck. It isn't one of any of those shows.

It's entertainment!!!! It's a Vegas show put on by Meat .. not a concert. It makes you go wow! .. makes you laugh .. makes you want to get up and dance, cheer etc (if you aren't dead from the neck down) .. And it won't be on YT .. so will remain a surprise for all who go to it
Old 30 Sep 2013, 18:59   #314
TheDoode

I don't think Wario was wrong to ask for a review of the content in a review thread, but I do think we're all getting tired of reading the same things over and over again, can we skip on please?
TheDoode is offline   Reply With Quote
6 Users Like This Post.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 19:24   #315
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoode View Post
I don't think Wario was wrong to ask for a review of the content in a review thread, but I do think we're all getting tired of reading the same things over and over again, can we skip on please?
I didn't say he was wrong .. I have tried to do my best to help him and give my review, answer his questions. At least two people have apparently liked what I've posted. Suggest you ignore my postings which seem always to tire you, or ask Chris to stop asking for more information than I can give.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 19:34   #316
Dave
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoode View Post
can we skip on please?
...apparently not...
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 21:27   #317
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Maybe this will help explain it

http://www.lasvegassun.com/vegasdelu...cktails-moder/
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 21:47   #318
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Amazing review
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 21:49   #319
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickip View Post
Magnificent :)

Thanks Vicki
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 23:52   #320
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch37 View Post
Amazing review
Yes ... I thought so too

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke knooby View Post
Magnificent :)

Thanks Vicki
Exacty You're welcome !
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 01 Oct 2013, 01:23   #321
Wario

finally a review I understand lol. Frying Pan Im surprised. Great to see him wear the biker jacket for patootie
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 01 Oct 2013, 03:18   #322
Breeze
Miss Inclined

Smile

Is Meat growing his hair a bit? He really looked in good physical shape. I really hope there is a DVD. Caryl your description of the show is excellent. It's Vegas!
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 01 Oct 2013, 03:26   #323
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
Is Meat growing his hair a bit? He really looked in good physical shape. I really hope there is a DVD. Caryl your description of the show is excellent. It's Vegas!
omg it looks like he is :) I noticed that in some of the interviews....man, I hope he grows it out like it used to be for Vegas. That would rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01 Oct 2013, 05:05   #324
Fire Ball
Himself

Shooting a DVD of this show is impossible , The show changes every night , So if we shot one night it would not even be close to the DVD the 2nd night. It's like like the review said today Vegas has not seen anything like this before !!
M
Quote:
Fire Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
6 Users Like This Post.
Old 01 Oct 2013, 05:16   #325
Butcher King
Senior Loafer

See you on Thurs. I want to ask a question!
Butcher King is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.