mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 24 Nov 2009, 17:43   #1
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

Default Patti on Last.fm

There is a new artist page for Patti Russo on Last.fm:

http://www.last.fm/music/Patti+Russo
glamourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2009, 17:55   #2
evil nickname

It's not new at all. The artist bio was updated recently. Well, three weeks ago, but still, the old one was there since May 2007, and I uploaded the main profile picture in October 2006.

But it's odd. For me, it says '204 plays in your library' (out of 731 total plays—which is not bad for an artist who has just released a couple of songs through iTunes and some MySpace related scam), and yet I'm not on the listeners page
evil nickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2009, 19:35   #3
Dave
Mega Loafer

How is releasing music for sale through myspace a "scam" - I dont get that?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2009, 22:41   #4
evil nickname

It's the internet we're talking about here: when your store is only available on MySpace when you're in the US (unless you're creative enough to find your way around that) is a scam in my book. On the internet, geographical restrictions should not apply. See this or this for my views on purchasing music online.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 23:04   #5
Dave
Mega Loafer

Myspace and snocap are legit sources for online file purchasing. They dont meet your criteria, which is not a good thing as the internet should be open for all. However, Patti does have access to her myspace account and has not taken action against the selling of her music files on snocap, thereby endorsing the sale thereof. That makes the myspace music files legal and not a scam. Just because the files do not meet your self defined picky criteria does not make something a scam.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2009, 23:12   #6
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

To be honest, if Patti is only selling her music through snocap which is only available through myspace and to Americans, then more fool her. There's an untapped worldwide audience out there who'd buy her music given the chance.

As Evil said, if you can navigate your way round the internet you can get the files anyway, but Patti doesn't get any money.
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2009, 23:48   #7
evil nickname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Myspace and snocap are legit sources for online file purchasing. … Just because the files do not meet your self defined picky criteria does not make something a scam.
If you want to go all semantic, yeah, sure, you're right: Snocap isn't a scam. It's a badly thought-through, geographically handicapped, shortsighted, non-sensible and stupid way to do business on the internet.

For crying out loud, you'd actually suspect that these days, artists would welcome people like me who would actually pay music for music—which in this case, I managed to do anyway.
Old 08 Dec 2009, 16:37   #8
Smithie
Super Loafer

Nice fan videos on the site.
Smithie is offline   Reply With Quote