Super Loafer

Default Bat Out of Hell The Concert

https://batoutofhellconcert.com/home

Soooo....This is a thing.
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2018, 23:41   #2
nightinr
Super Loafer

Very strange....basically a high profile tribute act.

Peat Loaf must be getting worried.
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2018, 23:41   #3
nightinr
Super Loafer

Is he touring the US and UK?
Old 15 Jun 2018, 01:05   #4
anotherday
Super Loafer

No idea, we only have the site to go by so far.
Time will tell.
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2018, 10:14   #5
ajf33
Senior Loafer

I know we don't have a lot to go on, but I wonder if this is going the same way as Queen did, by creating The Queen Experience to be an officially sanctioned tribute act.
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2018, 12:17   #6
GDW
Super Loafer

What's the password?
GDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2018, 15:21   #7
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

The password is a new thing, from what I understand. There used to be a fuller site yesterday with official links to Meat merch (fuller only in the sense that it wasn't password-protected and actually had something on it, namely a banner ad for Meat merch). The gist of things is that Caleb Johnson, the bloke from American Idol a few years back that everybody thought looked like Meat, is apparently going on the road with the Neverland Express performing Bat I. Per the text in the preview when one shares the link on Facebook, apparently they were purporting it had official sanction from Meat. But after the site started getting some attention, what little was there got pulled, except for a sample track of "Bat" that loads beneath the password prompt which one can play without needing to enter anything.

(My opinion? Caleb sounds terrific, but the band is a little pants. I'm willing to bet the promo track isn't the NLE, but I could be wrong.)

In short: even those who know what was up have as much clue as you do.

Last edited by letsgotoofar; 15 Jun 2018 at 15:36.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2018, 16:45   #8
nightinr
Super Loafer

There was about 6 US dates booked.

Meat is going to be the master of ceremonies by the sound of things and may tell a few stories.

Paul Crook is confirmed as part of the NLE. Not sure about the other old members of the NLE?
Old 15 Jun 2018, 18:08   #9
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

I wonder how the producers of the Bat musical feel about this.
Old 15 Jun 2018, 18:30   #10
ajf33
Senior Loafer

https://mpitalentagency.com/artist/b...caleb-johnson/

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Tweet above was deleted, but found cached version!
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2018, 01:01   #11
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

...the whole Twitter account gone? Holy hell. The plot thickens!
Old 16 Jun 2018, 03:53   #12
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

As fan of Meat Loaf and his music beyond Bat, the funny thing I always thought was the most interesting aspect of seeing "good" tributes in the past was when they did songs Meat hardly performed himself or were long out of his setlists. Such as hearing Couldn't have said it better again and unperformed gems such as What About Love?

I did hear the Bat out of hell track (whilst it was up on the above mentioned site and appears now pulled?) with what I presume is this Caleb malarky guy. It sounded pretty good and the voice better than most tributes and probably the musical stuff I've heard going around recently.

Guess we will see if anything comes of this. It's probably more up my street rather than the musical but it still ain't going to be Meat, really.

Throw in the full 12 minute Going all the way in the live set first and then we can talk about dates I'd say....

Just buying or even listening to another Bat recording with another singer? I really don't see the point at all. I'd rather stick on one of my dozen Meat Loaf copies on CD, vinyl or live recordings etc.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2018, 09:40   #13
BostonAngel
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
There was about 6 US dates booked.

Meat is going to be the master of ceremonies by the sound of things and may tell a few stories.

Paul Crook is confirmed as part of the NLE. Not sure about the other old members of the NLE?
Going from memory, it had listed as part of the band; Paul Crook, John Miceli, Randy Flowers, Dave Luther, Justin Avery, Cian Coey, Danny Miranda, Steve Buslowe, Pat Thrall and Lyssa Lynne. Certain members would be rotated in and out. Not all members would be performing all shows is what it said before everything mysteriously disappeared.
BostonAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2018, 14:23   #14
nightinr
Super Loafer

Presumably they will want to bring this to the UK where the real money is to be had. Can't see it selling out arenas, so be interesting what sort of venues they target.

It will surely be marketed as Meat Loaf and Caleb Johnson to sell tickets.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 15:33   #15
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Presumably they will want to bring this to the UK where the real money is to be had. Can't see it selling out arenas, so be interesting what sort of venues they target.

It will surely be marketed as Meat Loaf and Caleb Johnson to sell tickets.
I reckon under that banner they could sell a whole tour of 1000-2000 seat theatre venues or a shorter tour with 2000-4000 capacity O2 Academy venues across the UK. I'd prefer the latter so you can stand but it probably wouldn't suit the now somewhat ageing Meat Loaf audience.

Theatre venues wouldn't be so bad but they would have to do a whole whack of them to make it worth while. 6 shows sounds pathetic. Make it 60 over here in the UK at least.

But indeed as has been pointed out, perhaps this needs to wait till the musical is gone?
Old 16 Jun 2018, 15:49   #16
Evil One
Mega Loafer

This concept appeals to me much more than the Bat musical does. I imagine it would be strange for Meat Loaf to just compere though. Somewhat akin to watching my wife have sex with a younger man, while telling stories of how we first met.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
8 Users Like This Post.
Old 17 Jun 2018, 12:58   #17
2jaxx
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
This concept appeals to me much more than the Bat musical does. I imagine it would be strange for Meat Loaf to just compere though. Somewhat akin to watching my wife have sex with a younger man, while telling stories of how we first met.
I think you've got a true point there. On the other hand, if Meat can arrange with it, it could be a real opportunity to pass on the torch and ensure the legacy. Caleb really has the guts, although he sounds nothing like Meat.
2jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2018, 23:31   #18
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
For the record she said that it was quick, and at the back of a portaloo.
ThatWriterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 18 Jun 2018, 01:25   #19
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Amazing news. I can totally see this working if the real NLE isn't too expensive. They could always add more songs. If Meat is in favor of this go for it. Continue the legacy. Caleb is from NC not too far from several nice venues, I hope they start there instead of the usual NY, NJ, PA. Play to the hometown crowd and get some video and publicity going.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2018, 20:20   #20
AndrewG

It'd be nice if old wounds and mistakes had healed and forgiven and they could get Patti Russo back in the band and perhaps even give her some solo parts. But I guess that's not going to happen.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 20 Jun 2018, 16:22   #21
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

And now the entire site is gone. Well, that was short-lived. If I had to wager a guess, I'd say the producers of the Bat musical said, "...excuse me?"
Old 20 Jun 2018, 19:43   #22
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post
And now the entire site is gone. Well, that was short-lived. If I had to wager a guess, I'd say the producers of the Bat musical said, "...excuse me?"
Possibly since Meat has a small stake in the musical. However having an officially sanctioned "Meat Loaf presents" show with members of Meat's band and another lead singer should not be an issue unless there is some "non-compete" which I can not see anyone saying this would be a "musical" as opposed to a "concert". There are so many poor unsanctioned "tributes" out there it would be nice to have a top quality show overseen by Meat himself.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2018, 22:16   #23
nightinr
Super Loafer

Are we facing another Steinman vs Meat Loaf lawsuit?
Old 20 Jun 2018, 23:13   #24
Dick
Super Loafer

Site is back as backoutofhell.com
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2018, 02:13   #25
CarylB
Mega Loafer

But content password protected
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.