Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 30 May 2009, 01:13   #26
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

But then it begs the question if he has never been on myspace or facebook why the the feck would he opt to go on twitter when it's possibly the worst of the three for a bad rep for having fakers on there ? OK there are the odd one or two genuine on there but unless Meat says if he is or he isn't then it is very unlikely and debateable I would of thought .
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2009, 01:18   #27
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Twitter sucks, but it is THEE thing at the moment

Maybe Meat has random thoughts he just wants to share in not very long sentences, rather than a long paragraph
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2009, 01:20   #28
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Possibly but personally I can't see him on that !!

Twitter is crap, I only have an account for one soul reason but if it wasn't for that I wouldn't bother, I can do that on facebook and have alot more fun !!
Old 30 May 2009, 01:24   #29
Pudding

Well it wasn't Meat Loaf doing myspace so maybe it won't be him twittering, but it might. I can see the ease of twittering over facebook or myspace, it's more simple.
Old 30 May 2009, 01:25   #30
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 View Post
But then it begs the question if he has never been on myspace or facebook why the the feck would he opt to go on twitter when it's possibly the worst of the three for a bad rep for having fakers on there ? OK there are the odd one or two genuine on there but unless Meat says if he is or he isn't then it is very unlikely and debateable I would of thought .
Couldn't disagree more actually...
Twitter is a HUGE trend throughout THE WORLD. There are A LOT of genuine famous people on there (Check out http://www.followfamous.com/) . I think it is a logical choice for Meat Loaf. I'm sure when Michael Ball gets round to Twitter you will follow him and forget about MySpace and Facebook for a second.

Facebook and MySpace contain a lot of unnecessary crap when you think about it. If you just quickly want to know what someone is up to Twitter is the best and that's why it is successful. It's rather amatuerish layout/usability (which thankfully is getting better now) is something both MySpace and Facebook had in their early days too.

I'd be interested to know what Meat would Twitter when he is on tour / in the studio. His site is getting a bit dated in my opinion so it is good he is following the new internet trend. Steinman should Twitter too, looks like his blog is dead anyway.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2009, 01:27   #31
Pudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
I'm sure when Michael Ball gets round to Twitter you will follow him and forget about MySpace and Facebook for a second.
LMAO
Old 30 May 2009, 01:33   #32
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Talking

Ooh I found Cesar Millan !!!

He's awesome !
Old 30 May 2009, 01:35   #33
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

i've come to the conclusion that i don't care and it'll be a big waste of time...i wouldn't get too excited but that's just me..meat barely has time to update his website, tell me how in hell is he going to update twitter when it requires at least once a day activity to be popular?
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2009, 01:39   #34
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Amen to that !!
Old 30 May 2009, 01:39   #35
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup View Post
i've come to the conclusion that i don't care and it'll be a big waste of time...i wouldn't get too excited but that's just me..meat barely has time to update his website, tell me how in hell is he going to update twitter when it requires at least once a day activity to be popular?
I am afraid you are probably going to be proven to be correct on this. However Twitter is indeed easy to update. Just a sentence a day would be better than nothing. If he can't be bothered then that is fair enough. I just don't think he should be charging people to access a website that hardly gets updated and only has as benefit presales. There are a lot of people who cannot go to concerts but would still like to stay informed.
Old 30 May 2009, 01:40   #36
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
From how it's written "Follow Meat Loaf" I'd say it's been written by his management company and isn't a journal entry. I'd say they're jumping on the twitter bandwagon because I think .net's down to a handful of members and anything they put on there just wont reach enough people. It's as genuine as we're gonna get and I'm interested to find out what's gonna be said.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm very interested too
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2009, 01:50   #37
Pudding

Quote:
meat barely has time to update his website, tell me how in hell is he going to update twitter when it requires at least once a day activity to be popular?
For a start Meat doesn't update his website, someone else does. You don't need to post once a day to be popular and even if you did, I'm sure if Meat posted that he just took a big shit or something else trivial, it would still have people salivating in the fact that Meat twittered about something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke knooby View Post
its not stalkers r us...
Wanna bet?
Old 30 May 2009, 01:53   #38
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
I'm sure if Meat posted that he just took a big shit or something else trivial, it would still have people salivating in the fact that Meat twittered about something.
Lolololol.
Old 30 May 2009, 01:58   #39
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

yeah but that's exactly it pud, it's total BS, when you have "demi and ashton", twitter darlings, threatening to walk away because of possible changes to twitter then it must mean something is up cause they would post about taking a dump and admiring it.

i just don't see meat doing it (him or his management), he doesn't acknowledge myspace, barely acknowledges his own website, gets angry when posting here and stays under the radar most of the time.
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2009, 02:06   #40
Pudding

Since it's official on dotty.net I guess we'll have to wait and see how it pans out. One things for certain though at least we know to some degree that Meat Loaf is involved in Twitter and not that sack o'shite asshole pretending to be him on Facebook the other week.
Old 30 May 2009, 03:15   #41
WhenItComes2LovingU
Banned

Initially I was angry when I found out about the "sack o' shite" as you put it on Facebook, but this girl evidently was reading things, as it said on the Facebook Page that it was nothing but a fan effort and my friend Shawn says she put out announcements to that effect after someone brought the posts on the Rockman to her attention.
WhenItComes2LovingU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2009, 04:54   #42
Pudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhenItComes2LovingU View Post
Initially I was angry when I found out about the "sack o' shite" as you put it on Facebook, but this girl evidently was reading things, as it said on the Facebook Page that it was nothing but a fan effort and my friend Shawn says she put out announcements to that effect after someone brought the posts on the Rockman to her attention.
What has this got to do with Meat Loaf on twitter? Has someone got a guilty conscience?
Old 30 May 2009, 12:45   #43
Remco
Rookie

Is it possible that in a few day's the new .net website will be launched...? That might be the big surprise...
Remco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2009, 12:59   #44
Pudding

Getting something for your $40 would be an even bigger surprise.
Old 30 May 2009, 13:29   #45
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
You don't need to post once a day to be popular and even if you did, I'm sure if Meat posted that he just took a big shit or something else trivial, it would still have people salivating in the fact that Meat twittered about something.
Thank you.

I prefer useful info from time to time or when there's something important going on to "just a sentence a day".

At least it seems to provide the opportunity to read some news without having to pay $40. (I hope so.)

Last edited by Sarge; 30 May 2009 at 13:52.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2009, 18:10   #46
For crying out loud
Senior Loafer

Quote:
gets angry when posting here and stays under the radar most of the time.
Meat loaf is a member of mlukfc and posts?!?
For crying out loud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2009, 19:27   #47
WhenItComes2LovingU
Banned

Where the hell have you been? He's FireBall.
WhenItComes2LovingU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2009, 21:22   #48
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Why don't you bother to check when that user registered and when Meat Loaf left his last posting here?
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2009, 23:26   #49
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by For crying out loud View Post
Meat loaf is a member of mlukfc and posts?!?
Quote:
Yes Meat Loaf is a member here as Fire Ball (two words like his name , not to sound picky but it annoys me ), though he has not visited since August last year as he likes to keep track of things being said while touring.
Old 31 May 2009, 00:44   #50
Pudding

Fireball