PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Closed Thread

Old 04 Nov 2012, 19:59   #26
White of High
Nature's Siegfried

This topic is far the best from the start of mlukfc. I love when musicans, actors and other artists are standing next to a politican and play the game for money.
4 Users Dislike This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 20:03   #27
Sebastian.
Biggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by White of High View Post
This topic is far the best from the start of mlukfc. I love when musicans, actors and other artists are standing next to a politican and play the game for money.
Stop trying to wind him up.

Anyway,

I can't wait for the tour especially FCOL, I mean that will just blow everything away, and a new album just tops everyhting off.

Last edited by Sebastian.; 04 Nov 2012 at 20:08.
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 20:03   #28
White of High
Nature's Siegfried

What I can suggest go back to music and forget this performance. And if you are not on any side nobody will find you!
2 Users Dislike This Post.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 20:22   #29
Fire Ball
Himself

I have never done one thing in 48 years for money. Being on that stage will get me blackballed in Hollywood , already got blackballed from Letterman 3 years ago because USA today listed me as a Republican. Which is not true ! Romney understands Business, don't believe all the left wing BS. He will do more for the economy in 2 years than Obama could in 20 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White of High View Post
Old 04 Nov 2012, 20:30   #30
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
[...] don't believe all the left wing BS.
And believe somebody else's BS instead?
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 20:32   #31
White of High
Nature's Siegfried

One thing I learned, presidents and politicans don't do economy. You and me do! Forget these clowns!
Old 04 Nov 2012, 20:36   #32
BoyBehindBars
Rookie

Dear Meat,

I am a fan of yours for "only" 10 years now, but considering my age of 23 it's almost half of my life. You and Jim Steinman brought the joy of music to me, helped me through rough times etc. I attended every tour since then. Some concerts were good, some others even better.
Reading the announcement of your upcoming UK tour made me feel happy and I was ready to attend it (I am from Germany).
But now I have to reconsider that after all your insults.

You think we hate you and your music just because we dare to critizise you, your songs or your voice?
What kind of fans do you want? Blind, deaf and uncritical ones?...

Can't you see what you are doing here? You are hurting the people who love you most. Because of them you are where you are. Even though you seem to have forgotten that little fact.

I feel sorry for YOU and for myself.

Good luck anyway. (Although you prabably wouldn't want to hear that from me)!
6 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 20:38   #33
Dave
Mega Loafer

All I can say is I am thankful for all of the music and look forward to whatever we are given in the future. I love a lot of the unlovable in Meat Loaf's career and find it horribly embarrassing to come on this site and read a lot of the comments here, and the rude things that people say to the point I just stop reading most of the time.

I want you to know that a lot of you have gone a long way to hurt the fandom and should be ashamed of yourselves. I do not blame Meat Loaf at all for his posts today. There is only so much you can take. Personally, there are some songs that I do not like as well as others, but I do not take time out of my busy life to flog the dead horse with continuous "lesbian love" jokes or the like. There is only so much a person can take before they snap, and you all have gone way beyond that and deserve all you are taking.

I will never forget in my entire life the first time I was fortunate enough to have met Meat Loaf. It was at the Lima County Fair in Lima, OH. He knew me before we were even introduced, looked me in the eyes and said "I have been looking forward to meeting with you" and proceeded to talk with the small group of us so long that his personal assistants were begging him to let us leave so they could get him ready for the show. There was another moment...it was in Cleveland, OH and Katrina had just hit. Meat Loaf was doing a special show to raise money for the victims. They were taking people in groups of two up to meet Meat, Jules and I were two of the last people to go up. He looked at us and immediately said something like "we have got to help these people" and begged us to take to the Internet to get people to buy tickets to the show, even if they could not attend, that the band, crew, and venue were all donating their services and 100% of the ticket money was going directly to the Red Cross for Katrina relief. I saw first-hand the urgency in his eyes...the same urgency to do the right thing that he had during his time on Celebrity Apprentice.

I also have not known Meat Loaf to be anything less than 100% of a advocate for GLBT rights. His tours are lauded in gay media as being some of the most gay-friendly entertainment options. He was heralded for recording Stephen Trask's anthem Tear Me Down by gay media globally. Meat Loaf has lent his name to GLBT fundraising events. Anyone who believes Meat Loaf is anti-gay, homophobic, or anything similar is simply a liar. There is no kind way to say it. They are a liar.

Anyone who is concerned about any backlash they are getting from Meat Loaf should really consider just how mean and cruel their words are to him. Just because someone is a celebrity does not make them a saint, and as an ordained minister...the last time I checked, there was only one perfect person who walked the Earth and that was Jesus.

Go ahead and flame me, crucify me, say what you want and dissect this post to the bitter end. I won't defend it, I won't go round and round about it, it is my thoughts and I am not apologetic for anything I have said. How do you like that with your afternoon tea?

Now, maybe stop wasting the time and energy focusing on badmouthing others and use your resources for improving yourself and the world around you? If we all did that...the world would be a far better place. Spread love/not venom.
5 Users Dislike This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 20:39   #34
LuuuuvMeat
Meat Loaf fan 4 life!

Quote:
Romney understands Business

Romney understands business at the expense of 99% of the American public.

His business history shows it. You can look it up anywhere. He is for himself and inner circle of family, friends and "church." That's the sad FACT.

Last edited by LuuuuvMeat; 04 Nov 2012 at 21:05.
1 User Dislikes This Post.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 20:41   #35
evil nickname

Gee, the one time I really would like to press a dislike-button, I can't, because it isn't there. Well, too bad.

As for mr. Loaf telling me to put my head back up my ass, I don't care, as he recognizes that I'm always a little ray of sunshine. I'll take what I can get. But what I don't particulary care for is him telling fans to go to hell, calling them all kinds of names for disagreeing with him—after posting stuff on facebook about being for freedom of speech and touting tollerance of dissenting opinions, no surprise those being gone, though—posting the content of personal messages, and being plain rude? Poor form.

Meat, I still love you as an artist, but please, if you're not in your happy place, stay off the internet, for crying out loud.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 20:41   #36
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I have never done one thing in 48 years for money. Being on that stage will get me blackballed in Hollywood , already got blackballed from Letterman 3 years ago because USA today listed me as a Republican. Which is not true ! Romney understands Business, don't believe all the left wing BS. He will do more for the economy in 2 years than Obama could in 20 years.
And that's what I believe is your sole motivation. As Sebastion said, WoH is just trying to wind you up imo, as he has done often before.

Meat, I believe here are more here who support you than not. And I think you know that in your heart, even if they are not all as vocal as some. You have suffered a torrent of hate and abuse on FB the last few days, and I can understand why when you come here and see things that hurt your feelings it gets you over the edge. It would me.

But see how many have been asking about when you will come and tour here, see how excited most of us are. We will be there, and we stand behind you. Personally I thought the open letter was the height of rudeness, and I'd be appalled if someone were to do that to me .. and that's the honest truth. You are an intelligent man, concerned about your country's economy, and have researched the issues more than most, arguably any, here. Your choice is yours to make, and I respect that. Frankly when a country is staring down a financial abyss I think other issues (the ones people keep writing about ie women's choice, same sex marriage etc) which get the hype and media sound-bites, are overshadowed by the economy. Were I voting in this election that would be my only consideration, because if that fails, everything fails.

I do not see your support of the candidate you believe will be best placed to help your country deal with its biggest crisis means that you support everything he may stand for. Your integrity remains intact for me .. and for many of us.

There are more behind you, supporting you as the man you are, than there are those who either don't care, or forget about your feelings when they post about your work. Hold on to that.

Caryl

Last edited by CarylB; 04 Nov 2012 at 20:49.
2 Users Dislike This Post.
7 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 20:44   #37
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
All I can say is I am thankful for all of the music and look forward to whatever we are given in the future. I love a lot of the unlovable in Meat Loaf's career and find it horribly embarrassing to come on this site and read a lot of the comments here, and the rude things that people say to the point I just stop reading most of the time.

I want you to know that a lot of you have gone a long way to hurt the fandom and should be ashamed of yourselves. I do not blame Meat Loaf at all for his posts today. There is only so much you can take. Personally, there are some songs that I do not like as well as others, but I do not take time out of my busy life to flog the dead horse with continuous "lesbian love" jokes or the like. There is only so much a person can take before they snap, and you all have gone way beyond that and deserve all you are taking.
I am in accord Dave. Just would say not all have done this, but enough to wound, and I agree .. too much

Caryl
1 User Dislikes This Post.
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 20:50   #38
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:

I will never forget in my entire life the first time I was fortunate enough to have met Meat Loaf. It was at the Lima County Fair in Lima, OH. He knew me before we were even introduced, looked me in the eyes and said "I have been looking forward to meeting with you" and proceeded to talk with the small group of us so long that his personal assistants were begging him to let us leave so they could get him ready for the show. There was another moment...it was in Cleveland, OH and Katrina had just hit. Meat Loaf was doing a special show to raise money for the victims. They were taking people in groups of two up to meet Meat, Jules and I were two of the last people to go up. He looked at us and immediately said something like "we have got to help these people" and begged us to take to the Internet to get people to buy tickets to the show, even if they could not attend, that the band, crew, and venue were all donating their services and 100% of the ticket money was going directly to the Red Cross for Katrina relief. I saw first-hand the urgency in his eyes...the same urgency to do the right thing that he had during his time on Celebrity Apprentice.

I also have not known Meat Loaf to be anything less than 100% of a advocate for GLBT rights. His tours are lauded in gay media as being some of the most gay-friendly entertainment options. He was heralded for recording Stephen Trask's anthem Tear Me Down by gay media globally. Meat Loaf has lent his name to GLBT fundraising events. Anyone who believes Meat Loaf is anti-gay, homophobic, or anything similar is simply a liar. There is no kind way to say it. They are a liar.

Anyone who is concerned about any backlash they are getting from Meat Loaf should really consider just how mean and cruel their words are to him. Just because someone is a celebrity does not make them a saint, and as an ordained minister...the last time I checked, there was only one perfect person who walked the Earth and that was Jesus.

Go ahead and flame me, crucify me, say what you want and dissect this post to the bitter end. I won't defend it, I won't go round and round about it, it is my thoughts and I am not apologetic for anything I have said. How do you like that with your afternoon tea?

Now, maybe stop wasting the time and energy focusing on badmouthing others and use your resources for improving yourself and the world around you? If we all did that...the world would be a far better place. Spread love/not venom.
Thank you Dave
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 20:51   #39
LuuuuvMeat
Meat Loaf fan 4 life!

Quote:

As far as I know and read no one said he was anti gay, No one. I believe you've missed the point of the other closed thread.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 21:07   #40
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil nickname View Post
posting the content of personal messages
I just noticed that a mod "liked" that particular post. So obviously there are mods who condone the violation of forum rules.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 21:10   #41
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
I just noticed that a mod "liked" that particular post. So obviously there are mods who condone the violation of forum rules.
Indeed I noticed that too. Coupled with those particular views of said mod it's shocking really.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 21:13   #42
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuuuuvMeat View Post
As far as I know and read no one said he was anti gay, No one. I believe you've missed the point of the other closed thread.
I don't think Dave has missed the point at all. Meat's support of gay marriage was repeatedly questioned, the inference being he was going against what he had always said, so in supporting Romney he was aligning with homophobic views etc .. I believe the word "hypocrite" was used several times.. The "open letter" tells him not to say he still believes in these issues but thinks the economy is too important, because if he does then these issues can't be important to him.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 21:14   #43
Dave
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks650 View Post
........ Okay, i was under the impression that new album news would go down well...
Not around here. It will be just another project to dissect and let the artist know what he did wrong on it.
3 Users Dislike This Post.
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 21:15   #44
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Would it help if I were to ask people to get back on topic?

Tongue lodged firmly in cheek there, just in case nobody got that

I'll take a more thorough read through the last days posts before responding properly, but it saddens me very much to see Meat so upset and angry, and it hurts me equally to see a large group of the fan club insulted so badly by Meat
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 21:19   #45
LuuuuvMeat
Meat Loaf fan 4 life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
I don't think Dave has missed the point at all. Meat's support of gay marriage was repeatedly questioned, the inference being he was going against what he had always said, so in supporting Romney he was aligning with homophobic views etc .. I believe the word "hypocrite" was used several times.. The "open letter" tells him not to say he still believes in these issues but thinks the economy is too important, because if he does then these issues can't be important to him.

Hypocrite isn't the same as homophob.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 21:22   #46
LuuuuvMeat
Meat Loaf fan 4 life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
Would it help if I were to ask people to get back on topic?

I'll take a more thorough read through the last days posts before responding properly, but it saddens me very much to see Meat so upset and angry, and it hurts me equally to see a large group of the fan club insulted so badly by Meat
Sorry, I was responding to Carly. I won't continue.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 21:23   #47
The Flying Mouse

One thing I have done is removed the content of the private message.

We have a policy of not allowing the content of PM's be published on the site without the consent of the sender and receiver. That's why they are private messages.

Anybody who receives a PM they have a problem with (be it insulting or unfair) they can take it up with a mod. If it's a od involved, they can take it up with R.

A relitivly small issue, I know (sort of like turning the stove off while the house is burning down ) but it's a start
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 21:26   #48
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Quote:
One thing I have done is removed the content of the private message.
Already gone
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 21:28   #49
The Flying Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuuuuvMeat View Post
Sorry, I was responding to Carly. I won't continue.
Quote:

I don't think a "go back on topic please" post is going to work on this thread :sad
The thread is way beyond that sadly.
It's nice that somebody can take a "back on topic" message seriously though lol.

I'm going to have to have a proper look at all the posts before I can respond to this thread properly.

Why does this shit need to happen on a Sunday?
I better get the coffee on
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 21:30   #50
The Flying Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
Already gone
We've either edited at the same time, or there was more than one post with a PM posted in.
Closed Thread