mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Closed Thread

Old 08 Sep 2010, 00:16   #76
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
How much money do you think Meat makes per tour?
At a rough guess 10 million I'd say.

Quote:
No one did, did they?
No they didn't but from some of the replies on this thread you'd think she was getting a salary to that of a normal person. She's famous enough Patti is...and I'm sure she's getting more than $400 a week.

Quote:
How many stalkers do you think Patti has?, I can think of 3 off the top of my head. If Patti is doing a gig then someone on here is going to know about it.
I don't think she has any stalkers and how do you know she has three? who are they? Well I don't think she sits around all day doing nothing do you?

Quote:
The delusion that someone automatically thinks someone is wealthy just because they're performing on stage, especially when they're not even the main act is mindblowing.
Now come on Pud she's been on stage and touring for a long time..she has to be financially healthy. She doesn't strike me as an alcoholic or a gambler who would blow thousands in one night. If she was I'm sure we'd know about that too!!!
Old 08 Sep 2010, 00:24   #77
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

maybe this thread should've been changed to 'is patti (financially)overrated?'

I don't really get the assumption that just because someone works in the entertainment business they are automatically wealthy.

If you want to find out the true meaning of what established artists can earn in the music business take a look at 'Playing Live' by Paul Charles.

you'd be amazed at what the breakdown is for concerts at big venues and how little it makes overall for the artist.
Old 08 Sep 2010, 00:42   #78
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup View Post

you'd be amazed at what the breakdown is for concerts at big venues and how little it makes overall for the artist.
But doesn't the artist have a set fee before they go out on tour? As in a contract which shows what they'll get from doing the tour?
Old 08 Sep 2010, 00:46   #79
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Quote:
How much money do you think Meat makes per tour?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve6 View Post
At a rough guess 10 million I'd say.
Ok, ok, ok, please stop, I nearly fell off my chair at this one, hilarious!!!!!!!
Old 08 Sep 2010, 00:58   #80
allrevvedup

Quote:
But doesn't the artist have a set fee before they go out on tour? As in a contract which shows what they'll get from doing the tour?
it's nowhere near 10 million and is usually 85% of the gate (if you're lucky) or a set fee, but that fee doesn't include expenses that the artist has to pay out.
Old 08 Sep 2010, 01:05   #81
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
it's nowhere near 10 million and is usually 85% of the gate (if you're lucky) or a set fee, but that fee doesn't include expenses that the artist has to pay out.
The artist isn't in charge of any of that though...that's his managers, and tour managers job. Meat/Patti whoever get their cut and walk away. Let the managers deal with the expenses. If Meat did a long enough tour he'd bring in 10 million no bother.
Old 08 Sep 2010, 01:08   #82
allrevvedup

Quote:
The artist isn't in charge of any of that though...that's his managers, and tour managers job. Meat/Patti whoever get their cut and walk away. Let the managers deal with the expenses. If Meat did a long enough tour he'd bring in 10 million no bother.
if wishes were horses steve...

anyway back to what the topic is supposed to be and it's not about whether Ms Patricia Russo is wealthy...
Old 08 Sep 2010, 01:10   #83
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
If Meat did a long enough tour he'd bring in 10 million no bother.
Turnover or profit?
Old 08 Sep 2010, 01:16   #84
Steve6
Batman

Quote:

anyway back to what the topic is supposed to be and it's not about whether Ms Patricia Russo is wealthy...
It's about if Patricia is underrated...ok lets think of where to get this thread back on the rails again. I just need some of this.... and a bit of this now my imagination is alive and well.

Ok if Patti was to release a big solo album what songwriter should she team up with? I'm going to say Steinman for two reasons Number 1 he's the first person who came into my head..and number two they would make a perfect team. Jim likes Patti...and boy can Patti sing Steinman songs well. Does anyone know if Patti can write songs??
Old 08 Sep 2010, 01:22   #85
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:

Agreed, Nor should it be imo about wild assertions and daft assumptions as to what financial gain anybody, including Meat, gets from a tour. No-one knows and it's no-one's business but theirs.

Steve6, you don't know what the arrangements are. Check the tour book .. I believe there's no official "tour manager" and John posted that Meat was working on and managing the budget for the tour. You do not know how this tour is being organised and managed, nor what level of input or control Meat has. Speculation and bald assumptions from a position of ignorance are in my view rather impertinent.

Caryl
Old 08 Sep 2010, 01:30   #86
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Agreed, Nor should it be imo about wild assertions and daft assumptions as to what financial gain anybody, including Meat, gets from a tour. No-one knows and it's no-one's business but theirs.

Steve6, you don't know what the arrangements are. Check the tour book .. I believe there's no official "tour manager" and John posted that Meat was working on and managing the budget for the tour. You do not know how this tour is being organised and managed, nor what level of input or control Meat has. Speculation and bald assumptions from a position of ignorance are in my view rather impertinent.

Caryl
Steve prays to the good lord for guidance ....before slowly backing away from this thread.
Old 08 Sep 2010, 05:13   #87
Rage Against

Old 08 Sep 2010, 06:33   #88
Evil One
Mega Loafer

I think Steve has plucked his figures from thin air. I'm willing to bet both Meat and Patti have enough money to be 'comfortable' but I don't think they are as rich as he thinks seems to think.
Old 08 Sep 2010, 07:00   #89
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
I think Steve has plucked his figures from thin air. I'm willing to bet both Meat and Patti have enough money to be 'comfortable' but I don't think they are as rich as he thinks seems to think.
Im sure Meats pretty rich. More then sure.

He probably has a net around 28 mil (Around Danny DeVito's net worth)

Old 08 Sep 2010, 10:13   #90
AndyK
Relentless

Now, that all the last word freaks have had their say can we get back to the topic please as Mike requested?
Old 08 Sep 2010, 11:13   #91
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

I've often wondered why between Meat Loaf tours the NLE hasn't done their own small venue tour with Patti as the lead? Would that take the focus off of Meat a little bit?
Old 08 Sep 2010, 11:29   #92
Mega Loafer

An interesting thought.
Old 08 Sep 2010, 12:06   #93
unbekannt
Super Loafer

Quote:
Does anyone know if Patti can write songs??
Take a look at her MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/pattirusso
She has a couple of own songs which are really good.
Old 08 Sep 2010, 14:07   #94
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
I've often wondered why between Meat Loaf tours the NLE hasn't done their own small venue tour with Patti as the lead? Would that take the focus off of Meat a little bit?
The NLE aren't established enough though..everyone comes to see Meat Loaf not the NLE or Patti who happen to be part of his act. They may sell a small venue with Patti as the lead..but that will never happen. It's Meat's band and to a certain degree Jim's too.

I also think it maybe a bit late in Patti's career to branch out and start a solo career. Stranger things have happened though.
Old 08 Sep 2010, 16:40   #95
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Perhaps the NLE need a break from each other after each tour. No matter how well they get on, they need space too.
Old 08 Sep 2010, 17:02   #96
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
Perhaps the NLE need a break from each other after each tour. No matter how well they get on, they need space too.
They aren't with each other every week of the year though. They get together for a tour, and the rehearsal for the tour but that's about it. They have plenty of free time to pursue other projects like Meat. Paul does...I don't know about the others.
Old 08 Sep 2010, 21:39   #97
Cristina
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbekannt View Post
Take a look at her MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/pattirusso
She has a couple of own songs which are really good.
imo more than a couple of songs are really good... btw all the songs on her myspace are by Patti
Old 08 Sep 2010, 22:05   #98
unbekannt
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
imo more than a couple of songs are really good... btw all the songs on her myspace are by Patti
OK: She has a couple of songs which are all ~~~~ing great! Better?
Old 08 Sep 2010, 22:24   #99
Cristina
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbekannt View Post
OK: She has a couple of songs which are all ~~~~ing great! Better?
At least this gives a pause from looking into Patti's wallet
Old 09 Sep 2010, 01:52   #100
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
I also think it maybe a bit late in Patti's career to branch out and start a solo career.
Can it be classed as a solo career if you're part of a group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
btw all the songs on her myspace are by Patti
I'm going to be pedantic and say co-written by Patti
Closed Thread