Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 04 Sep 2018, 08:36   #201
ajf33
Loafer

I did yesterday stumble across a comment from Paul on Facebook, that suggests the reason is the band has really only been known as the Neverland Express in Europe, and in the states it's always been the Neverland Band. Not sure if this is true or just to get round copyright issues, without saying there are copyright issues!
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Sep 2018, 12:00   #202
JennaG
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Such a shame .net never became a sort of historical hub that could have included all tour dates, photos from these concerts and setlists etc.

There is such a wealth of info that could have been collected into one place. Song lyrics. Info on each album: release dates, chart positions etc.

Instead all that information is spread across fan sites and they mostly will be gone in 10-15 years time I'm guessing.
It will only be Wikipedia and some YouTube videos from then on.

It's a shame because I think there is a need for that kind of information but I notice a lot less fan sites being around these days than there were when I started tinkering with website design. I think social media has, to a degree, taken over but they're just not as set up for being a go-to reference point for the historical stuff.
JennaG is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Sep 2018, 17:56   #203
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaG View Post
It's a shame because I think there is a need for that kind of information but I notice a lot less fan sites being around these days than there were when I started tinkering with website design. I think social media has, to a degree, taken over but they're just not as set up for being a go-to reference point for the historical stuff.
Yes .. and websites cost to set up and need maintaining, while FB is free to anyone who wants to set up a fan group .. but these are woefully lacking in any way of providing access to any but immediate information.

Something else too imo is that sites run by "professional" companies like the ones Meat has used ever since the old ML OIFC just don't have the interest and commitment to provide any kind of historical and comprehensive resource .. they certainly haven't shown it in the case of those he's paid anyway
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2018, 22:13   #204
ajf33
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf33 View Post
I did yesterday stumble across a comment from Paul on Facebook, that suggests the reason is the band has really only been known as the Neverland Express in Europe, and in the states it's always been the Neverland Band. Not sure if this is true or just to get round copyright issues, without saying there are copyright issues!
Knew I wasn't imagining it, on the fb Paul Crook page, under a video promoting
one of the dates is the following exchange -

Robert Coop - Neverland band? What happened to the neverland express?
Paul Crook

Paul Crook Great question... People outside of the UK/ EU don't know the NEVERLAND EXPRESS so we use the NEVERLAND BAND for marketing here in the USA.
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2018, 22:54   #205
loaferman61
The Glorious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf33 View Post
I'm in the US and I have heard Meat refer to the band as Neverland Express quite a few times at shows but he rarely plays in my part of the US. I suppose being a superfan makes it more recognizable to me. I doubt the average US person recognizes Neverland Band any more than Express.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2018, 22:07   #206
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

I don't buy Paul's answer tbh. The band is referred to as the Neverland Express on DVDs, CDs and tour programmes in the US and well as the UK/EU...
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 05 Sep 2018, 22:58   #207
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

And in spite of all that advertisement, there are still some out there who think Meat Loaf is the name of the band and not just the lead singer, or who just refer to them as "Meat Loaf and his backup musicians"...
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.