mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » Loaf! Camera! Action!

Closed Thread

Old 30 Mar 2012, 16:44   #26
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ernie View Post
It doesn't pay to get mad or offended on the internet. You can't win.
Chuck Norris once told the entire internet off at the same time.

The internet said "sorry Mr Norris" and went about it's sorryass business

The moral of this story is that if you are not Chuck Norris, there will always be something on the internet to piss you off
Old 30 Mar 2012, 17:17   #27
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Realising who had posted this video I didn't even give it the recognition of a view .. but it would certainly I suspect have been abusive and could be removed for that reason alone. Copyright may have simply been expedient.

I don't think haters and abusers going about their sorryass business is anything but lamentable. And if people post hatred on the internet aimed at any individual or group then I think one should take steps to deal with it, have it removed. Without decent people standing up the tide of abuse on and misuse of the internet will continue. All that Evil needs to continue to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 17:50   #28
mtaylor315
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Realising who had posted this video I didn't even give it the recognition of a view .. but it would certainly I suspect have been abusive and could be removed for that reason alone. Copyright may have simply been expedient.

I don't think haters and abusers going about their sorryass business is anything but lamentable. And if people post hatred on the internet aimed at any individual or group then I think one should take steps to deal with it, have it removed. Without decent people standing up the tide of abuse on and misuse of the internet will continue. All that Evil needs to continue to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

1 User Dislikes This Post.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 18:04   #29
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
Chuck Norris once told the entire internet off at the same time.

The internet said "sorry Mr Norris" and went about it's sorryass business

The moral of this story is that if you are not Chuck Norris, there will always be something on the internet to piss you off
I can't even take those CN memes as a joke anymore. Your toughness and integrity is questionable when you make videos advocating the teaching of creationism in school. But that's waaaaay off topic.

Quote:

I think you're making too many leaps in judgement. There's a difference between hatred and critisism. I think this guy spends too much time on it, but I don't think that hatred is the word. Not 'Evil' either.

What is the internet for? What is the proper way to use the internet? It's a place for people to express their ideas. Good or bad. It's the ultimate bastion of free speech and the ultimate equalizer. I am not for censorship of any type ANYWHERE. However, people are free to post their opposing views. If somebody can't handle that, than they should stay off of the internet.

I criticize ML for some things that he does/did/said, but it doesn't mean that I don't love him or that I won't buy his records and see him in concert if given the opportunity. I think if you view someone as being able to do no wrong you've elevated them to being better than other people, including yourself. Everyone is human.

Last edited by Evil Ernie; 30 Mar 2012 at 18:10.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 18:21   #30
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
What is the internet for? What is the proper way to use the internet? It's a place for people to express their ideas. Good or bad. It's the ultimate bastion of free speech and the ultimate equalizer. I am not for censorship of any type ANYWHERE. However, people are free to post their opposing views. If somebody can't handle that, than they should stay off of the internet.
There's a huge difference between posting opposing views and undertaking hate campaigns against individuals and groups in my view, and I am absolutely in favour of many of the censorships which apply legally, and should be part of common decency. The internet bullying, the incitement of hatred against individuals or groups, the predators who use it to stalk their prey, terrorists who use it to recruit and plan their war .. the list goes on .. all of these are reprehensible in my view, and in the view of many people. Most have legal restrictions enforced away from the internet, and rightly so in decent society.

Quote:
I think if you view someone as being able to do no wrong you've elevated them to being better than other people, including yourself. Everyone is human.
Yes, and I do not view Meat as being someone who can do no wrong. It's a tired old statement to hurl, and not worth much of a response.

Everyone is human .. er .. yes. Some behave with more humanity than others. Some human erring is neither decent, nor acceptable.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 18:28   #31
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
All that Evil needs to continue to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing.
Don't bring me into this.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 19:00   #32
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer

Quote:
There's a huge difference between posting opposing views and undertaking hate campaigns against individuals and groups in my view, and I am absolutely in favour of many of the censorships which apply legally, and should be part of common decency. The internet bullying, the incitement of hatred against individuals or groups, the predators who use it to stalk their prey, terrorists who use it to recruit and plan their war .. the list goes on .. all of these are reprehensible in my view, and in the view of many people. Most have legal restrictions enforced away from the internet, and rightly so in decent society.

Well that's where you and I differ. I think that anyone has the right to say whatever they like as long as they don't physically do anything. Even though I don't support a group like the KKK, I think that they have a right to exist. That doesn't mean that I can't speak out against them and what they stand for. You can intervene once individuals start lynching Blacks, burning crosses on lawns or breaking other laws.

It's like the old saying goes: "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it?"
Old 30 Mar 2012, 19:14   #33
robgomm
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Well that's where you and I differ. I think that anyone has the right to say whatever they like as long as they don't physically do anything. Even though I don't support a group like the KKK, I think that they have a right to exist. That doesn't mean that I can't speak out against them and what they stand for. You can intervene once individuals start lynching Blacks, burning crosses on lawns or breaking other laws.

It's like the old saying goes: "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it?"
So you defend the right for terrorists to be able to use the internet to organise things like 9/11 and use propaganda and your freedom of speech to recruit people for this? There can be NO justification for this. I am for freedom of speech within reason, but when it's pure and simple that in every definition some things are evil you have to draw the line. When even 99% of the religion the terrorists claim to represent say it's wrong there is no doubt these people should not be allowed your freedom of speech. Something seriously wrong with you mate.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 19:18   #34
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Is it just me who thinks that this thread is going way out of context?

I'm reading this thread and seeing things about evil trumphing, terrorism, the freaking KKK, and 9/11 and finding it hard to believe that this was started because some wazzock posted a vid of Meat having a bit of an off performance (probably more due to tech failure than anything else).

Techically this is an argument from another site and should not be brought here, and that's good enough for me to lock this thread up.

Anyone who has anything to say to the person who posted the vid knows where to go, those who want to say nothing and deny the troll his munchies know what to do.
Closed Thread