Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 17 Feb 2017, 12:29   #426
lorenzoduke
Mega Loafer

Long shot but if anyone wants to trade 2 London tickets (i.e. the ones I have) for 2 Manchester ones, hit me with a PM.
lorenzoduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2017, 18:02   #427
anotherday
Super Loafer

Anyone know when the soundtracks will hit?
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 18:09   #428
nightinr
Super Loafer

Ticket sales are very poor for the Manchester shows. During the week it is practically empty.

Ticket prices are ridiculously high for the north of England and a four week stint would have been more sensible.
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2017, 18:51   #429
nightinr
Super Loafer

I also think it is disappointing that the Manchester shows are being described as "previews". Why charge £60+ if they are glorified rehearsals?

Either they are the real thing or stop ripping off fans!
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 19:32   #430
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Merch looks just as you'd expect, few tee's, caps and a jacket
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2017, 20:06   #431
Danny L
Super Loafer

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4446EJUcAAfc_N.jpg

This is basically what I'll be wearing tomorrow. Please say hi!

Are there programs? What are the jackets like?
Danny L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2017, 22:25   #432
Danny L
Super Loafer

Holy Moly!! THAT GOOD?!

Quote:
Standing ovation at the end of Act 1? YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻 #IntervalTweet
Danny L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2017, 00:28   #433
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

A song list has been posted on Facebook from the programme, but apparently at this early stage they are only listing the material that appears in alphabetical order, not plot. We got basically everything in our wild mass guessing in this thread, except for one big hit song Meat hasn't recorded (though he claims it was written for him) -- not elaborating on which so as not to spoil it for Danny.

(Also, lest anyone be confused by the song list floating around and the fact that it seems to list two names for the same speech, the segment of "Everything Louder" that has been edited into "All Revved Up" was re-titled "Wasted Youth" for the show. The speech appears in the list under its original name.)

Last edited by letsgotoofar; 18 Feb 2017 at 00:38.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2017, 00:35   #434
LP
Super Loafer

I have no idea quite what I've just witnessed as there is no real frame of reference. Let's try this: Orson Welles meets Stanley Kubrick meets Mad Max meets Shakespeare meets Meat Loaf. Angels, bikes, bats, dystopia, oodles of teenage flesh, love, leather and heart aching Rock and Roll. Basically it's Steinman's accumulated sexual fantasies played out on stage in one hit - it's where the Bad For Good videos left off x100. I'm so happy for Jim. His songs (via Meat Loaf) always used to belong to 'me', even in a 15,000 seater arena, now they belong to something quite different. It's the future and I love it.
LP is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 00:52   #435
Ben
Mega Loafer

Wow!!! Just amazing!! Cannot really describe it as much else!!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 00:56   #436
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Lots of great reviews on Twitter as well https://twitter.com/search?q=BatTheMusical&src=typd

Glad you all enjoyed it!

Now just come to Western Canada
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 02:14   #437
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

Let's just say I LOVED IT!!!!
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 04:31   #438
BostonAngel
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP View Post
I have no idea quite what I've just witnessed as there is no real frame of reference. Let's try this: Orson Welles meets Stanley Kubrick meets Mad Max meets Shakespeare meets Meat Loaf. Angels, bikes, bats, dystopia, oodles of teenage flesh, love, leather and heart aching Rock and Roll. Basically it's Steinman's accumulated sexual fantasies played out on stage in one hit - it's where the Bad For Good videos left off x100. I'm so happy for Jim. His songs (via Meat Loaf) always used to belong to 'me', even in a 15,000 seater arena, now they belong to something quite different. It's the future and I love it.
Your review is quite a hit. Meat Loaf quoted it on his Facebook page! Congrats to you. Glad you loved it so much
BostonAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 13:07   #439
mickp
Loafer

Default Bat out of hell musical

Jim's music came home last night. The vision is realised. Very very well done by all concerned. I'll leave detailed reviews to the professionals, but the whole show worked as a show, story, humour, music, and what a brilliant cast. I hope Meat is smiling today, the poignant and powerful Braver album and the Bat musical completing a journey in which he has played an immense part. A massive massive part of my musical life, and the journey continues, my 14 year old son who went with me last night now wants all my Meat Loaf albums...

To Meat and Jim..thanks for the magic!
mickp is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 13:35   #440
eltmatt
Super Loafer

Would love to see some videos
eltmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2017, 13:40   #441
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Glad so many people had a great time - Just to reiterate this - theatrical previews are NOT 'glorified rehearsals', nor are they 'ripping fans off'. They're listed (yes, listed - clearly) as previews because aspects and elements of the show 'may' change between now and the official opening night. Ticket price is on point with every other show of this scale (may be a good idea to actually, I don't know, be aware of what something actually is before condemning it).

Looking forward to hearing what everyone thought of the show.
ThatWriterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 13:51   #442
nightinr
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
Glad so many people had a great time - Just to reiterate this - theatrical previews are NOT 'glorified rehearsals', nor are they 'ripping fans off'. They're listed (yes, listed - clearly) as previews because aspects and elements of the show 'may' change between now and the official opening night. Ticket price is on point with every other show of this scale (may be a good idea to actually, I don't know, be aware of what something actually is before condemning it).

Looking forward to hearing what everyone thought of the show.
They've clearly got the ticketing prices wrong for Manchester. £20-£40 would have attracted so many more people.

£65 for "previews" in the north of England is absurd.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 14:27   #443
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
They've clearly got the ticketing prices wrong for Manchester. £20-£40 would have attracted so many more people.

£65 for "previews" in the north of England is absurd.
Tickets for Manchester are as little as £17.50, depending on where you want to sit.

Since you clearly know how to run a multi million dollar musical based on a hit franchise better than, say, Micheal Cohl, Tony Smith, Randy Lennox, David Sonnenberg, and Jim, then maybe you should be in charge of the production? Yeah, I didn't think so. For a while there I couldn't work out if you were an idiot, or if you were just plain trolling (you've posted that same message about ticket sales three or four times now - I've answered it twice already).
1 User Dislikes This Post.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 14:46   #444
nightinr
Super Loafer

Quote:
Tickets for Manchester are as little as £17.50, depending on where you want to sit.

Since you clearly know how to run a multi million dollar musical based on a hit franchise better than, say, Micheal Cohl, Tony Smith, Randy Lennox, David Sonnenberg, and Jim, then maybe you should be in charge of the production? Yeah, I didn't think so. For a while there I couldn't work out if you were an idiot, or if you were just plain trolling (you've posted that same message about ticket sales three or four times now - I've answered it twice already).
I might not know how to run a multi million "dollar" musical but I do know about the north of England. The theatre is practically empty for the midweek shows. I would suggest it's because many northerners don't have many spare £s.

I certainly am not trolling and don't appreciate being called an "idiot".
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 14:57   #445
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
I might not know how to run a multi million "dollar" musical but I do know about the north of England. The theatre is practically empty for the midweek shows. I would suggest it's because many northerners don't have many spare £s.

I certainly am not trolling and don't appreciate being called an "idiot".
Yes, 'dollar'. Dollars went in.

And, hey, no worries -- we're all friends here. Though, I have to point out that the only thing that you've contributed to this thread is enormous negativity based on ignorance, and little else. I've already explained about the nature of previews and how that relates to ticket sales. I'm not going to explain it again. It's a waste of time - time that I don't have right now.

I'll leave you to your trolling
1 User Dislikes This Post.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 15:20   #446
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

I didn't know the Manchester shows were considered "previews"? Where has this been made clear?

The reactions sound superb, does make me want to see it. But see most Saturday tickets are gone. I guess that's a good thing. Might have to try a weekday show.

But I do have to say the London prices seem very, very high for a new musical and I'm comparing this to top seats for Les Miz, Phantom and Wicked. My favourite musicals, and surely some of the most popular ones. I'm not a troll.

Will London go beyond July?
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2017, 18:39   #447
nightinr
Super Loafer

Quote:
Yes, 'dollar'. Dollars went in.

And, hey, no worries -- we're all friends here. Though, I have to point out that the only thing that you've contributed to this thread is enormous negativity based on ignorance, and little else. I've already explained about the nature of previews and how that relates to ticket sales. I'm not going to explain it again. It's a waste of time - time that I don't have right now.

I'll leave you to your trolling
What a strange response!
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 19:34   #448
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

Unless I'm very much mistaken, tonight's the night, so have a really great time mr Danny L.
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 19:59   #449
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
I didn't know the Manchester shows were considered "previews"? Where has this been made clear?
In most, if not all, of the Manchester press articles and it /was/ on the main site, but I can't verify if that's still the case as I haven't checked in there for a couple of weeks (and Andrew - I know you're not a troll!). If anyone's going tonight - I'll be the guy in the black jacket (that should narrow it down to about two thousand people, at least!).

P.S. See my 'silent stalker' is back. She loves me really
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 20:32   #450
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Call it what you want -- in New York, we'd call it an out-of-town tryout, which (aside from your terminology) it seems to be, given Manchester is followed by a West End run in London.

Last edited by letsgotoofar; 18 Feb 2017 at 20:42.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote