mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 19 Dec 2017, 14:11   #201
2jaxx
Senior Loafer

Quote:
I totally (as you know) diagree with downloading leaks etc....I think only a musician may understand 100%.....having said all that you dont have the Tyce album, well if you pay the shipping i will send you a signed copy on me...just inbox me, or you can wait until jan/feb 2018 when Warner Bros release the streaming rights worldwide for all mediums..

NJ
I am a musician myself actually. We have not recorded yet, but dealing with leaks and illegal downloads might actually be something I might be confronted with in the future. This is only hypothecical, but I think, someone showing up at a show after having received a "free" copy of my music, is still someone I appreciate seeing there.

It is understandable that leaks are something the artist and associates want to prevent. Having said that, when I am looking forward to hearing a new recording by one of my favorite artists, I can't wait and I grasp every opportunity there is to listen to the recording earlier.
In this case, as i stated, I had preordered, and I wouldn't have cancelled that order under any circumstance anyway.
So I can live with this sin just fine. If there is a legal streaming option for something I am interested in, I never would use the illegal source. Still, there is the possibility that I want to own a physical copy if the music means something to me.

I see and I understand where you are coming from. But, as Adje says, these days you must try a different approach. It is all about the package and presentation. There are a lot of things you can't properly copy. Think about special editions, cool merchandise, vinyl releases and of course there still are live shows.
2jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2018, 22:59   #202
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

This music industry has changed. Artists put out records now purely to gain interest for a tour. Records make no money for an artist, especially if they don't write the material. But they do make $$$ in touring. And I have to say, I do think that's how it should be!
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2018, 21:43   #203
nightinr
Super Loafer

What happened to the proposed UK tour?
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2018, 01:11   #204
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

You don't want to know...
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2018, 04:56   #205
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

But in case you do...
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2018, 21:03   #206
anotherday
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post
O...Oh.

anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2018, 23:42   #207
nightinr
Super Loafer

Oh
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2018, 10:17   #208
ajf33
Senior Loafer

I never did get around to geting this, mainly because I couldn't find it anywhere to listen to first, so will ask does anyone know if it is available anywhere to listen to, other than just samples, and the odd track thats on youtube?
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2018, 15:26   #209
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Good question, as (since the events in the link above) the label has pulled the physical release of the album from distribution. It seems to still be available on Amazon, but iTunes offers only some unrelated singles that he might be involved with (shocker, there's more than one person going by just Tyce out there; I'd wager a guess given his theater background that the cover of the song from Hamilton might be him, but that's about it), and no album. (I mean, there is an iTunes link to it, but it sends me into a loop that other iTunes pages in my browser don't, causing me to think it was pulled from there as well.)

Ironically, given much of the content of this thread, what was decried initially by one of those involved with it may be the only way the album gets around now...

Last edited by letsgotoofar; 15 Jun 2018 at 15:32.
Old 15 Jun 2018, 18:36   #210
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Being honest, I could not find a genuine place to get it from, (and I'm not asking as I know it's not allowed!) so, if it is out there to obtain dubiously, then it's well hidden (or ((and sorry for the pun!)) I'm blind as a bat!)
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2018, 11:34   #211
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Very interesting how this has come to an end considering this guy was carried relentlessly by that Nicki guy here on the forum constantly to try to promote him (he actually did that quite well and with respect to the fanbase). At the same time over on Tyce's public social media platforms I could only ever see him bitch about the president when I checked these out and never saw anything about how much he enjoyed performing Meat's music. Not only is an artist such as that incredibly toxic to have working for you, it's incredibly stupid as you are already dividing a potential fanbase in half for no reason. I have no problem with people disagreeing with a thing here and there what politicians do and if they feel strongly about a certain subject I can understand they take it on board to get people to think about it. But relentlessly going after one politician is just dumb so early on in a career when you are supposed to be doing something positive that is already surrounded by some inevitable rightful criticism (ie aren't you just copying what someone else has done before etc).

I feel sorry for the people (other than Tyce of course) involved who genuinely thought they had a shot at doing something interesting here and probably spent their own money and a lot of time on this project. Also the band members who going from what I heard did a decent job.

Should have auditioned for a better singer (there are far better ones out there, see starnow) and ultimately a better person imo. Shame.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Dislikes This Post.
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 16:34   #212
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

A lot of American stars -- and wannabes -- are sharing politically motivated messages and not really suffering for it, or at the very least managing to bounce back after a period of time if there is some sort of flak. I would say a combination of -- in my opinion -- not being very good and making a colossal error in judgment (to say the least) in his private life shot him in the foot more so than any political commentary, especially in the current climate of public opinion surrounding such allegations.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 18:04   #213
AndrewG

Quote:
A lot of American stars -- and wannabes -- are sharing politically motivated messages and not really suffering for it, or at the very least managing to bounce back after a period of time if there is some sort of flak. I would say a combination of -- in my opinion -- not being very good and making a colossal error in judgment (to say the least) in his private life shot him in the foot more so than any political commentary, especially in the current climate of public opinion surrounding such allegations.
Sure the allegations are far worse.

I just think the political commentary was an insult to whoever paid for the recordings and promo unless that was part of the deal - "Hero" (album name). But I very much doubt that as he just came across as a childish entitled whinging moron and these songs are far removed from political commentary in my opinion and I'm sick of seeing every form of entertainment being politicised.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Jul 2018, 13:55   #214
eltmatt
Super Loafer

wow!
eltmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jul 2018, 18:07   #215
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Funnily enough Tyce approached Jim for a part in the musical, but that was post casting, so it never came to be. Thank F.C.U.K. they dodged that bullet.

Last edited by ThatWriterGuy; 04 Jul 2018 at 18:48.
ThatWriterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Jul 2018, 20:44   #216
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
In the US entertainment industry political comments are welcomed, just only from one side.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Jul 2018, 21:23   #217
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

I ain't touchin' that one; I'm just saying that, at least from where I'm sitting, most people didn't really seem to give a damn about his political comments, but certain allegations in the wake of #MeToo have destroyed a lot more than just his career.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 02:38   #218
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Well, now there's one more way to evaluate the product... if you have Spotify, the album is now freely available for streaming.

My two cents? Anyone who knows me on this forum knows I'm usually more a Steinman fan than a Loaf fan, sometimes blindly so. But after listening to some of this, I'm not listening to the full album, and no one on earth could make buying this shit worth my while.

Last edited by letsgotoofar; 29 Jul 2018 at 03:35.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 03:30   #219
anotherday
Super Loafer

Quote:
Well, now there's one more way to evaluate the product... if you have Spotify, the album is now freely available for streaming.

My two cents? Anyone who knows me on this forum knows I'm usually more a Steinman fan than a Loaf fan, sometimes blindly so. But after listening to some of this, I'm not listening to the full album, and no one on earth could make buying this shit worth my while.
Welp...

That was...........as expected. O_o
Old 29 Jul 2018, 20:43   #220
Meat Loaf_fan
Super Loafer

Quote:
"... this shit ..."
You have every right to have your opinion, and I have every right to have my opinion. To me this album was very good. Of course not on the same level as Meat's album like "Bat Out Of Hell 2" (to me - this is the best Meat album), but still it was very good.
Why I'm saying these things above? Maybe because using word "shit" to express feelings about Tyce album, isn't good thing. It was fine example of what could be done today to Jim Steinman music. Of course some interpretations of the songs were not good, but some were super (especially those two from Bonnie Tyler repertuar).

PS. Although I like his interpretation of some songs, I think that he has done terrible thing to his future plans (and to younger people). Awful ...
Meat Loaf_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2018, 22:40   #221
AndrewG

Well since I have a spotify account I listened to his rendition of I'll Kill you...
I believe I've never heard anyone cover this song before.

To summarise I shouldn't have bothered.

So horrible.

Like listening to someone trying to play the violin for the first time.

Old 29 Jul 2018, 22:59   #222
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Loaf_fan View Post
You have every right to have your opinion, and I have every right to have my opinion. To me this album was very good. Of course not on the same level as Meat's album like "Bat Out Of Hell 2" (to me - this is the best Meat album), but still it was very good.
Why I'm saying these things above? Maybe because using word "shit" to express feelings about Tyce album, isn't good thing. It was fine example of what could be done today to Jim Steinman music. Of course some interpretations of the songs were not good, but some were super (especially those two from Bonnie Tyler repertuar).

PS. Although I like his interpretation of some songs, I think that he has done terrible thing to his future plans (and to younger people). Awful ...
Well, I'm glad you found something to like about the album, and that you had your way of describing it. I didn't find anything to like about it, and I had mine. For my money, a lot better could be done to Jim Steinman's music today than turning it into an endless parade of "hot club play" chart entry attempts, followed by a set of one-take-only "acoustic" covers that might as well be a well-meaning secondary school student completing a project for graduation requirement. And this bloke had the nerve to sell himself as a vocal coach...
Old 01 Aug 2018, 12:23   #223
2jaxx
Senior Loafer

I kinda liked the production. I think in Paul's productions, the Wall of Sound is a bit lacking. It all sounds too direct, there is a considerable amount of reverb missing and it all sounds a little shallow. I liked the arrangement in some songs on the Tyce release, for example Braver and I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us. I am not a fan of Tyce's Voice though.
2jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2018, 21:54   #224
mindnick1
Sound Guy

the album was and is available on all outlets...

to comment on the above...."shit" a bit harsh and rude...how about "i don't like it" your just looking reaction.

"Funnily enough Tyce approached Jim for a part in the musical"

complete BS Tyce was at the workshop in NYC at the same time as the others 2 1/2 years ago, you can see Tyce singing FCOL to jim directy online the night before the original workshop.....get your facts right....you dont have to like Tyce but dont talk about shit you have no clue about...
mindnick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2018, 23:56   #225
anotherday
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindnick1 View Post
the album was and is available on all outlets...

to comment on the above...."shit" a bit harsh and rude...how about "i don't like it" your just looking reaction.

"Funnily enough Tyce approached Jim for a part in the musical"

complete BS Tyce was at the workshop in NYC at the same time as the others 2 1/2 years ago, you can see Tyce singing FCOL to jim directy online the night before the original workshop.....get your facts right....you dont have to like Tyce but dont talk about shit you have no clue about...
The album, IMO, is...In a word: rushed.
It could have been something so much better than it is.
Tyce has a nice voice, and he did do a great job on FCOL during the 54' show(s?)...And I'm sure Jim loved it, but to constantly come here and push an album that most of us aren't that big on is a little silly.
1 User Likes This Post.