mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 19 Dec 2017, 12:11   #201
2jaxx
Senior Loafer

Quote:
I totally (as you know) diagree with downloading leaks etc....I think only a musician may understand 100%.....having said all that you dont have the Tyce album, well if you pay the shipping i will send you a signed copy on me...just inbox me, or you can wait until jan/feb 2018 when Warner Bros release the streaming rights worldwide for all mediums..

NJ
I am a musician myself actually. We have not recorded yet, but dealing with leaks and illegal downloads might actually be something I might be confronted with in the future. This is only hypothecical, but I think, someone showing up at a show after having received a "free" copy of my music, is still someone I appreciate seeing there.

It is understandable that leaks are something the artist and associates want to prevent. Having said that, when I am looking forward to hearing a new recording by one of my favorite artists, I can't wait and I grasp every opportunity there is to listen to the recording earlier.
In this case, as i stated, I had preordered, and I wouldn't have cancelled that order under any circumstance anyway.
So I can live with this sin just fine. If there is a legal streaming option for something I am interested in, I never would use the illegal source. Still, there is the possibility that I want to own a physical copy if the music means something to me.

I see and I understand where you are coming from. But, as Adje says, these days you must try a different approach. It is all about the package and presentation. There are a lot of things you can't properly copy. Think about special editions, cool merchandise, vinyl releases and of course there still are live shows.
2jaxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2018, 20:59   #202
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

This music industry has changed. Artists put out records now purely to gain interest for a tour. Records make no money for an artist, especially if they don't write the material. But they do make $$$ in touring. And I have to say, I do think that's how it should be!
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2018, 19:43   #203
nightinr
Super Loafer

What happened to the proposed UK tour?
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2018, 23:11   #204
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

You don't want to know...
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2018, 02:56   #205
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

But in case you do...
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2018, 19:03   #206
anotherday
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post
O...Oh.

anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2018, 21:42   #207
nightinr
Super Loafer

Oh
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2018, 08:17   #208
ajf33
Junior Loafer

I never did get around to geting this, mainly because I couldn't find it anywhere to listen to first, so will ask does anyone know if it is available anywhere to listen to, other than just samples, and the odd track thats on youtube?
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2018, 13:26   #209
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Good question, as (since the events in the link above) the label has pulled the physical release of the album from distribution. It seems to still be available on Amazon, but iTunes offers only some unrelated singles that he might be involved with (shocker, there's more than one person going by just Tyce out there; I'd wager a guess given his theater background that the cover of the song from Hamilton might be him, but that's about it), and no album. (I mean, there is an iTunes link to it, but it sends me into a loop that other iTunes pages in my browser don't, causing me to think it was pulled from there as well.)

Ironically, given much of the content of this thread, what was decried initially by one of those involved with it may be the only way the album gets around now...

Last edited by letsgotoofar; 15 Jun 2018 at 13:32.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2018, 16:36   #210
ajf33
Junior Loafer

Being honest, I could not find a genuine place to get it from, (and I'm not asking as I know it's not allowed!) so, if it is out there to obtain dubiously, then it's well hidden (or ((and sorry for the pun!)) I'm blind as a bat!)
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote