PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » Braver Than We Are

Old 09 Jan 2017, 01:48   #1
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Default My Unofficial Going All The Way Video

So, since the announcement of a video was made, i had something in my head. I had epic, partially nostalgic and retrospect in mind. While i see the positives and negatives of the official video, and I'm not going to tear it down or anything because that part has nothing to do with me, I just felt something for me was missing. So i started working on my own.

It took about ten minutes to cut a "video edit" track of the song - mainly because it was already there in my head which parts i wanted and which i could live without.

Over the last few weeks I've been piecing together clips from the videos i have been able to find, including many i didn't even know existed, and the only issue i have with the final video is that there are some videos that i just couldn't improve the quality on mainly due their age...it will be clear which they are and why.

I added something to beginning that just further enhanced the nostalgia feel for me, and tried to keep each movement linked to just one source of its own to try and have some kind of coherence. I think when you are effectively making one jigsaw from the pieces of a dozen different puzzles there is always going to be a few rough edges.

In the end, i have something that i now cannot unsee when i listen to the song, and the last few minutes of which sum up for me what Meat, Jim and his various incarnations of the Neverland Express have brought to the world in the last four decades. To me it is the sign off i wanted, or as close to it as I can create with what i have available, and if others like it, great, if they don't then I'm not going to cry about it or say you're wrong. It was always my intention to do some kind of career montage at some point, and this just gave me the perfect chance to do it. So. If you like it, share the hell out of it, if you don't let it lie, but I hope even with the lack of HD quality in a number of the videos used that it fills a gap for some of you.

YouTube Video
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Users Like This Post.
Old 09 Jan 2017, 15:56   #2
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Better than official one by leaps and bounds

Thanks for putting in work
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 09 Jan 2017, 19:11   #3
eltmatt
Senior Loafer

Way better than the official
eltmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 09 Jan 2017, 20:57   #4
Sebastian.
Biggles

Great job!
Sebastian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2017, 22:27   #5
Moonlight shadow
Super Loafer

Yeah!!
Great job. I think better than the original too!!
Moonlight shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2017, 15:02   #6
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Thanks guys. Like i said, it was all really for my benefit but thought that knowing the feeling of others on here you might appreciate it. Glad you've liked it.
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote