Old 21 Dec 2017, 19:12   #6726
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adje View Post
Star Wars ep VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)

9/10
TYPO: should be 8

Anyway, I think Ryan Johnson hit a homerun. The movie has several flaws and I don't think it is in the same league as Force Awakens. But it is bold and it balances on the edge of (not) being a Star Wars movie. In that perspective it is Empire Strikes Back of the new trilogy. And I think that, in the years to come and expecting JJ Abrahams to create a fan-favorite 3rd installment, this will be the perfect -in between- episode that has created new possibilities to explore in the future movies.

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!

I expect Abrahams to 'fix' Rey's parent story. I do believe that Rey will become an offspring of... It just doesn't make sense that she has all this raw power out of nothing. I also hope there will be some more about the history of Snoke. His death was just too easy. I also don't expect to have seen the last of Luke. This is the only thing that I really had troubles with. Not his death, but what he has become. It just didn't feel right.

That said, I like the direction that Johnson took by focussing more on Rey/Kylo Ren. Killing off everyone around them that were involved in the original trilogy just seems right. They are no longer the key players and they don't fit in this new era. The love triangle doesn't have my interest btw.

All in all, this movie seems to be the perfect connection for Abrahams to create another fan-tale but with the room to try something different. After seeing this episode I am confident that the right third installment will make this a fantastic Trilogy. And I have all faith in Abrahams.
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02991 seconds with 14 queries.