View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2017, 00:10   #6676
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Doubt you can go by JW what Star Wars with Trevorrow could/would have been.

I hated Gareth Edwards' Godzilla. One of the worst monster movies I've ever seen and almost worst movie in the cinema I'd seen till then I'd say. Very Michael Bay-esque (in a bad way). Dumb, stupid, zero character development and very boring. Far worse than JP 3 surely. JW to me was much better than both these monster movies (Godzilla and JP3). To me JW was probably in line with JP2 but more fun and rounded.
There clearly is a differense between a bad script and a bad director. In all honesty Edwards' directing in Godzilla and RO are not that different. You just didn't like the fact that Godzilla was the kind of movie that it was.

Sure JW suffered from a bad script,poor dialogue and underpar acting. But Trevorrow clearly has a certain style in directing that made the movie even worse. Bad directing choises made it a mixture of failed suspense and poor timed humor.
The only real diferense between JW and any Syfy monster movie is the amount of money they spend on sfx and cgi. His directing took away any tense scenes and destroyed the comic factor. It made the movie even more predictable and by that also quite boring to watch. And it is his style. So for me he would have ruined ep 9, no matter how good or bad that storyline is going to be.

And again, Thank the Maker as JJ Abrahams is going to do it now.

btw I love your apreciation for JW. I will never understand it though.
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.04014 seconds with 14 queries.