View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2012, 04:38   #143
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
In America, where this case is based, you receive a tax break if you home school and you can choose to credit your tax dollars to a private school, if it meets certain criteria - therefore, lowering your tuition rates.
Exactly. But besides that due to religious organizations being tax free, the freedom to practice any religion is abundant and extremely available (temples, churches, personel).

A big reason (besides all the other reasons) why it should not be allowed in schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Yes, I would have expected that. You seem to be able to claim many more things against tax than we do in the UK .. although I was supporting Mouse's point that private education is generally costly, and is costly here. It doesn't alter my grave reservations about home schooling though, which are not based on cost but on limitation. I would think that someone who chose to home school in order to educate their child in their beliefs would be less likely to educate them in the beliefs of others, and still have concerns that their education would be limited to and by the parents' knowledge, experience, values and constructs.
Very good post.

I think that the MOST important thing about School is the Socializing aspect. You learn how to deal with people and it's where you start becoming the person you are today. You learn about different cultures and people in the melting pot that is The United States and many other countries.

That is a big reason why I don't believe that it's right for any public school to endorse a religion. It makes sense that the majority would want it that banner up because the US about 80% Christian and even the rational are polarized by the nut jobs.

As I said earlier, in the grand scheme of things this is nothing significant. It's a small victory for the rational thinkers of the United States.
Evil Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02429 seconds with 14 queries.