View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2012, 21:55   #96
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
It's a human trait, but he seems unable to seperate disagreement on an issue with disrespect and dislike, and then "taring everyone with the same brush".
Ok. This I agree with. And it sucks when you feel you've had that happen to you when you were being a supportive fan.

Quote:
So from our point of view we have a forum full of supportive and enthusiatic fans, of whome a couple may disagree with him at one time or other.
I don't think that is everyone's point of view, but it seems to be the mods.

Rainer puts his sweat and blood into this site, and he's a great man. The mods are quite fair and also do a great job.

This forum is full of supportive and enthusiastic fans who may disagree or agree with Meat at times.

This forum also has a handful of fans who fruitlessly and without thought say things that upset Meat Loaf or other fans seemingly to just get a rise out of them. These people upset the numerous good fans and commonly dominate discussions and spread negative energy

Quote:
From Meat's it's a bunch of whinning ~~~~~~~s who don't like him.
Has meat ever said that about all of us? I'd like to hear him say that, I don't think that is his opinion. I think that he sees a few comments that are upsetting and is surprised that they even exist on his fan club.

Quote:
And posts like Stretch's, agreeing with and supporting the notion that Meat is bullied and disliked, are not helping Meat see things from our side of the reality wall.
How that's supposed to make Meat feel better and more welcome, I have no idea
I never once agreed and supported the notion that Meat is bullied and disliked by all his fans on here. EVER. What I said is that there are a few bullies that ruin it for everyone, and having a free open forum seems to encourage people to say things to Meat that they would not say to him over at a pub over a pint! Please Don't make my posts out to be the downfall of this discussion.

Quote:
And posts like Stretch's, agreeing with and supporting the notion that Meat is bullied and disliked, are not helping Meat see things from our side of the reality wall.
How that's supposed to make Meat feel better and more welcome, I have no idea
I think Meat is capable of seeing your side of things as well as his own.

Even (surprise!) I am capable of seeing that side. In the "how to fix things" thread it really became apparent that the mods feel that Meat is just being a complainer seeing things in tunnel vision, when really this is a great place full of great people and he IGNORES that fact blatantly to focus on a few negatives (such as taking personal offense to someone who disagrees with him)

There is also the point I am conveying, which is NOT to say it is ok for Meat to tell us we are all bullies. That, Flying Mouse, is not ~~~~ing ok. That would be Meat bullying his fanbase, saying we are all horrible, disrespectful fans spreading negative energy when we all know that we are NOT THAT!

This is where the confusion arises. I do not support the notion that you can label everyone here with an all encompassing label of people who dislike Meat Loaf. That is rude, crude, and indeed focuses way to ~~~~ing much on negativity.

So, with that out of the way, my point, and the point of many others on here still stands: Most of us are supportive, enthusiastic fans, yet there are some comments said here that would not be said to him over a pint, or at a meet and greet, and that most people wouldn't have the balls to say to their favorite artist in person, but feel they have the right to say it while hiding behind a computer.

This is a complex situation that is probably not gonna be fixed any time soon. But Don't tell me that I can't see the different sides to the argument. Just because I'm arguing on Meat's points does NOT mean I do not understand the full extent of the situation.

Matt
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03049 seconds with 14 queries.