View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2012, 21:37   #90
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
And it starts all over again...
And unnecessarily in my view. Meat let past experience trigger his feelings. I can accept that, assure him he is not disliked but valued tremendously by many of us, and in his heart he knows that I think.

I do understand HOW he sees criticism as an attack, even though that is I think generally not the intent. It's always better imo to dodge bullets than try and catch them in your teeth and spit them back, but the latter is a common human frailty

So assure him he IS valued by many, because that's plain to see on this forum, rather than start up the argument again that there are those who dislike him, implying somehow they're out to get him etc. In my view, on reflection, he'll acknowledge that he has huge support here, huge affection, and a lot of respect for his work and for him as a man.

He doesn't have "a thick skin". He wears his heart on his sleeve. He feels things. That's part of what makes him who and what he is. To me it's part of what makes him and his performances so special. I just accept that. He's very human I think he knows though that he is very loved as well.

And I agree, that to hold a different view doesn't need to stop you liking someone. Nor I guess do you have to like a performer as a person to enjoy his performance, although to me it enhances the experience hugely

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.

Page generated in 0.03740 seconds with 14 queries.