View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2012, 09:23   #117
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror View Post
Not liking a person's opinions and not liking the person are not the same thing.

When it comes to an artist's work, it's also possible to not care for them as a person but still like or appreciate the work. For example, Phil Spector, by many accounts, was a nutter who showed up to recording sessions with a bullhorn and a handgun, yet many consider him to be a genius as a producer. I've read that Jackie Gleason was not a very nice man in real life, yet many people loved his work on television.

Disclaimer: I am in no way implying that this is how I feel about Meat Loaf
Yeah exactly, thats what i've been trying to say. Liking the artists work is different than liking the artist as a person.

And it really does not matter to me which is which. I don't necessarily like Axl Rose as a person, but I love his work. Would I go on his fan club though? No, because I don't really like him much as a person. If he came to Victoria near where I live I would buy tickets without fail.

Meat's upset because he thinks this should be a place where people like both his work and him as a person. Maybe he's barking up the wrong tree.

This place is a community built on the hard work of the moderators and R who do this as a volunteer activity. They're naturally upset that anyone asking for change is suggesting they are not doing their job. The general consensus seems to be that most people like this place the way it is, feel that the administrators are doing a good job, a few people want some changes, but still appreciate the mods and the work they put into keeping this place alive. Its a great place to hang out and a home away from home :)

Change is always hard because both parties blame each other, and if the relationship is at the point where trust has already been lost on both sides, things get rather ugly don't get :P It seems we have reached that point here. Meat wants change, the people who run this community and many fans want Meat to change. At this point, it looks like Meat is not willing to change....he is too upset at others for hurting him. And the fan club is not willing to change, they are too upset at Meat (and others) for suggesting that change could be an option.

The whole situation feels like a divorce....with "irreconcilable differences"

I'm still on the fence with no answers.
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03500 seconds with 14 queries.