Old 18 Apr 2012, 17:56   #150
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgomm View Post
might not have any friends etc.

You mean like rebel scum?

*PPPPPPSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH* <------- you've had it now

Seriouly though Sue, it's not for me to second guess your daughters parental choices, but I too think children should have the social opportunity to mix with their peers.
I hope your grandson at least gets some social time with others when his lessons are done for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
Like the whole atheist vs christian thing, why cant either side just agree to disagree. Instead it becomes nasty and spiteful.
It doesn't always have to become nasty and spiteful.
On this thread you can see a rather long conversation between Evil Ernie and myself.
Two different points of view, but we both spoke our minds in a frank and non agressive manner, and, as you said, I believe we've agreed to disagree.

Perhaps it was because on my part there are no strong feelings on the matter, I certainly don't feel personaly invested (even though I believe my point of view makes sense), that stopped our exchange from becoming heated.

It's when people go from speaking their minds and sharing their opinions to trying to change other peoples opinions, or telling them that they are wrong, that's when they are more likely to dig in and push back just as hard.
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02650 seconds with 14 queries.