View Single Post
Old 09 Dec 2016, 22:48   #29
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Interesting chain of thought Adje.

Besides Meat Loaf the only other artist I saw handle the result/election well were The Piano Guys. They put out a simple statement on Nov 8th:

Quote:
No matter who becomes the next President of this great nation, it's gonna be OKAY
And then linked to their song "It's gonna be okay".

Much more clever, positive and apt for a band that needs every sale and like to continue to do what they like to do and are good at.

I think it might be an age thing with Tyce. And to be fair he is not the only one doing this but it simply isn't clever. I think this is happening also since social media is so easy to relate your messages across. And also what you write can be taken out of context easily or taken without a pinch of salt or can just come across as cold or rude which we see happening on this forum sometimes too.

Still I wouldn't want to have been all excited to have seen Tyce live without social media virtue signalling and then get a half hour political lecture at his show. So either way I think certainly artists early on in their careers need to try to be less polarising if possible. At least if they want to make their art more important than their politics that is.

The only thing you can really control is who/what YOU vote for. Getting too upset about what others vote for well eventually is just going to depress you I think. There are tons of things in the world I don't agree with but jumping up and down about it is only going to annoy myself and not going to change anyone's opinion. If I really wanted to make a difference politically I need to run as local councillor and see where that gets me. Maybe one day...

I know it is maybe easier said than done but a more humble approach if you really want to deviate away from your art for a while and get someone to do something is better I reckon and can give more immediate positive results:
Here is Bob, he is running a marathon to help his neighbour buy a new bike because his old one got stolen & can't afford a new one, please help him by donating...

Bob happy, Tyce happy and his supporters & not yet supporters impressed.

That sort of stuff...

I'm not saying Tyce hasn't done this (to be fair I haven't checked all his posts). But this kind of thing getting lost in amongst the Trump hate still doesn't help regardless.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02406 seconds with 14 queries.