View Single Post
Old 13 May 2008, 13:04   #78
~Helen~
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfierce View Post
i just dont see the need for some of them, especially ones that arent talked about often, i use the really regular ones like chsib but only ones that i know other's will know, if it's something i think that won't get understood then i take the extra few seconds to type the full thing. That last page really stuck out to me as acronyms for the sake of, acronyms for things that in my time here have never been mentioned and prob wont ever or for a long long time.
Definately get your point and acronyms just for the sake of it is, well, pointless, especially if they are being created into acronyms that aren't actually in regular use (or use at all as I got the impression from your post) - but people still do seem to use a lot of acronyms - so the list is great for people like me who are confused easily . Although perhaps there should be a list of commonly used acronyms...and then separately a list of confusing/not-often-used/why-couldn't-you-have-just-typed-out-the-words acronyms

I'm probably tying myself in knots. I agree that acronyms for the sake of it is pointless (and confusing!) but I am also exceedingly grateful to the people who have taken the trouble to put the list together because I am confused easily and sometimes don't recognise the acronyms (just to demonstrate my dumbness, it took a while before it clicked that AFL was Anything For Love! [was probably during my more-or-less constant blonde moment )
~Helen~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02594 seconds with 14 queries.