View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2012, 02:49   #18
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgomm View Post
No it's not the best example but it's what he thought of in the moment, the thing that sprang to mind there and then.

You wish that he would shut up and sing? Believe it or not he's actually a very interesting person and I suspect that if he wasn't asked various questions in interviews he wouldn't answer. Fact is the people that interview him find him very interesting and want to know his views on a whole range of things.

Caryl is right in that Wikipedia is well known for gathering it's info from here there and everywhere and so ends up not quite factually correct in a lot of what it says.

You wish he would just shut up and sing? I would say what the hell are you even doing on this site when you insult the artist you are meant to be supporting? How can you even be allowed to come here and blatantly insult the artist?
Well He said it was the best example. His words, not mine:

Quote:
"The best example is in America: In this one high school, for 50 years a prayer was hung on a wall. And all of a sudden, a daughter and a woman who are atheists (complained)."
Wikipedia articles must have sources cited. It's true that anyone can edit a Wiki, but any entries without citations are erased. It's sort of ignorant to reject something just because it's on Wikipedia.

And supporting an artist means that I buy his records and see him in concert. If he does or says something that I object to I am going to make it known. Even though I'm aware that democracies don't exist on internet forums, we all live in Free countries where we're allowed to express our opinions. I know that may seem foreign for a message board where it seems like 50% of the posts are just people agreeing with each other.

I love ML as a singer and sometimes as an actor, but that doesn't mean that he's omnipotent. Lately especially it seems that every time that he opens his mouth and does a keystroke I do a facepalm.
Evil Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02374 seconds with 14 queries.