View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 2018, 11:03   #6823
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Justice League.

*Spoilers*
Not good enough and in my opinion a big step back from Batman vs Superman after a truly dismal Man of Steel. You remember teleporting Lois Lane? Well she is back again and her teleporting powers are stronger than ever, though she did have some help from Alfred. Grumpy Superman is back. He never seems to charm or uplift the movie even a tiny percentage that Christopher Reeve always did.

Boring stupid villain. Nothing like the decent and quite good ones they have in Marvel now.

Has some ok action bits but I absolutely hated the way Superman was resurrected. So imbecilic piss poor. Probably the worst idea in the movie. I don't get the point of the final scene in Batman vs Superman when you see what happens here.

Poor character motivation and clearly tries to be all Marvel-esque but isn't good enough to share that stage.

Flash is a stupid moron who they treat as comic relief. Awful in execution mostly.

Interesting that the Superman theme somewhat resurfaced in the soundtrack. But very different music here from the previous Zimmer soundtracks. Themes probably suit Superman better but it all comes too late regardless.

5/10

Worth a watch if you are a huge super hero fan but I can understand why Justice League 2 probably won't be made now.
My guess is they will probably reboot Batman and Superman AGAIN.... *sigh*

If your main actor can't shave off his moustache because of "contract obligations" maybe you should 1) delay the movie or 2) hire a different actor. Option 3) "just" cgi his mouth clearly shows how incompetent these movie makers are.
There was no reason to get Justice League made so quickly other than trying to be just like Marvel from an arrogance stand point. I think another Superman movie in between (with a better resurrection story) and perhaps a Ben Affleck standalone Batman film first would have helped things a bit.
Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman probably will be the only incarnation that will survive for another several DC movies I reckon. Aquaman perhaps has potential. We will see. Cyborg was useless. The Flash was annoying.

Last edited by AndrewG; 11 Jun 2018 at 11:10.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02778 seconds with 14 queries.