View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2016, 12:56   #20
Danny L
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfenris2005 View Post
It will in some form be Jim's Neverland project, which he's been developing since like 1974 or something, and even before that when it was "The Dream Engine", some of which will be heard in some form on Meat's new album. Jim thinks that Peter Pan is the ultimate basis for a rock and roll musical and for many years it's been in the worx either as a film or a theatre piece. I just hope he and everyone's OK with it though. It seems to be my thought at this point that people will want a "Bat" show and it'll get the interest either way, because hello "Bat out of Hell: The Musical" on the West End. I have always thought done right it was the big blockbuster musical that never was, on the basis of the first two albums, with a few other new songs from Bat 3 & What would be THE FINAL FLIGHT or Conclusions & Climaxes as it's been called. "THE FINAL FLIGHT" I think was a way of making "FINAL AT BAT" sound more formal?

I'm babbling on here, I'm sorry....... But I do believe that "Neverland", I'm sorry BOOH haha, will in SOME form be the realization of that concept. Now whether or not I personally am blown away by it, remains to be seen, but I would hope so, that I would at least be happy with it.

With Jim and that style of music, there's a lot of passion. And I think the REAL and WORST kind of failure with Jim is feeling INDIFFERENT.
I truly hope to G*d this is a great success. I had assumed BTWA would have included the songs planned for BAT OUT OF HELL III: THE FINAL AT BAT or whatever it would have been called (What Part of My Body, Still The Children, Paradise Found etc) but it seems the team have taken a very different creative route. Not that I'm complaining as I know the album is still a revisitation into the extraordinary world.

No doubt BOOH:TM will have a soundtrack album at least, if not a concept album with the new songs on it. As much as I love Meat and the albums this show is the culmination of why they exist.

Bat Out of Hell is a strong enough brand to pull people in, it seems although the names have changed the 'Neverland' idea is still very much a part of it. Whixh is great considering this idea has been in the works for nearly half a century! (The Dream Engine was 1969 for Pete's sake!)

Also if it's opening late 2016 somewhere in the world have they left it a bit late to officially announce opening or is this normal? There's 6 months...
Danny L is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05674 seconds with 14 queries.