View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2010, 09:20   #79
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
That's how I feel.

Kasim and Mark are terrific players and, as far as my exerience is concerned, thoroughly nice people.

But it's Meat I go to see, and I know I can alays trust he will have a great band supporting him on stage .. but for me the key word is "support", because for me he's the main event. That's not to diminish the talent of anyone else, but I go to see "Meat Loaf". I've seen Meat on stage with and without Kasim and Mark, and he's never disappointed me.

Both Kasim and Mark have posted on their sites. That's enough for me. I don't think, and have never done, that Meat owes me explanations about changes in the band. It's his business and theirs, particularly at a time when he's working his ass off promoting something new and exciting. He comes here and talks to us .. something very special imo. Not many performers of Meat's stature do this. But however friendly and approachable he is (and he is both these things and he does listen to what we say) we are not part of his inner circle. None of us know how he feels about the changes and none of us can. He doesn't talk about how he feels about these things, I respect that, as I respect him, because it's simply not my business, and I respect him enough not to pick on specific words when he feels he has to come in and reassure people at a time of speculation. He didn't need to come in to reassure us, but he did, and that intent, at a time when he's dashing hither and thither with a thousand things on his mind, is enough for me.

He asked us to look forward to a new adventure with him, and that's exactly what I'm doing. Meat, you give me so much, and owe me nothing.

Caryl
Very well said Caryl, and I couldn't agree more. Meat does so much for us and I am looking forward to this new adventure with him.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02669 seconds with 14 queries.