View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2017, 13:35   #37
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
Indeed, the account of the musical is more than a bit shaky, at best, working from very old (and sometimes unreliable) accounts and sources. Example: Wall talks about Jay Scheib (director) as if he had been involved since the musical's inception, whereas the reality is that he came on board little over 2 years ago (end of 2015)! He's done GREAT things. Before Jay Kenny Ortega was set to direct.
Well, to be fair, much of what went on with the show wasn't very public, aside from the occasional Facebook post from Jim (or someone using his account) teasing this or that bit of info. Still, I agree that Wall didn't look very hard for info. I mean, Jim announced an entire creative team that didn't wind up being involved - except for Michael Reed, and I think two musicians who were part of the workshop (one of the other people he announced occasionally mentions the project today in interviews, but there has been no real indication that this person is coming on board any time soon, that I know about anyway) - on his blog back in 2008/09, and there were even news stories connected to it. The blog post itself has since been deleted, but the basic text can be found on many other blogs that reported about the news. Even a hint that the previous team existed wouldn't have hurt.

Last edited by letsgotoofar; 16 Nov 2017 at 13:43.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03291 seconds with 14 queries.