View Single Post
Old 08 May 2018, 23:39   #6798
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adje View Post
Hahaha, this cracks me up. First, this seems more like a negative SW review than an Avenger review. And it's almost like you're telling us that because you hate SW, this movie is good. Then you mention some flaws of the movie to conclude that the only negative thing is the music of the end credits.

I, almost, can't wait for your review of Solo
Well, if you care what I think this might explain it better:

I think Infinity War served its fans well and is the perfect example of how to do that and move things forwards in a logical manner:
interesting back stories mostly, sensible progression of many characters (More rugged version of Captain and Thor), sensible relationship stories (Gamora - Starlord, Scarlett Witch - Vision, Iron Man - Pepper). A superbly interesting backstory of the main villain and the relationship with his daughters and how that plays out. It even makes sense what he does in many ways. A superbly diverse cast. Female characters with faults as well as men. Female villains thrown in too. Tons of humour but none really at the expense of the seriousness of the situations.
Sure the action is a bit over the top or goes too fast at times and as I mentioned there are some inconsistencies with the hero power stuff. My girlfriend pointed out that Thor disappeared for no reason during a main fight. Quite strange indeed. But all that didn't really mar the experience to me. It's still quite superb and I am enjoying talking to people about it. So I just think they did it all right.
The only bit in the movie I didn't like was Doctor Strange's look when he was seeing the future outcomes. It looked quite silly. But generally his character was so much better than in his own movie which I thought was a yawn fest.

Not sure if I will see Solo. The trailer looked awesome in the cinema yesterday for sure but so have the previous Star Wars trailers and my interest is simply deteriorating because of all sorts of reasons.

Han Solo became Han Solo in Episode 4 I always thought. Not sure what you can add to that and why. It would be like going back to Iron Man pre Iron Man suit. To me it is just quite meh and no reason to tell that story or to invent one...

I never saw Spiderman homecoming btw. I get bored with the constant retelling of the origin stuff. And maybe Spiderman to me is actually the weakest Avenger. A bit too cocky with the mentioning of movie scene stuff. But with more Spiderman and Avengers movies it might all work out better with this actor. The play he has with a sort of father figure in Iron Man is good though and his fate definitely gives the character more weight.

On another note Man of Steel I think is one of the worst origin reboots I've seen. The Dark Knight trilogy probably the best. Though I still like Batman 1989 & Returns too.

I think it's obvious why Marvel is beating Star Wars and DCU at the moment (even if my favourite movie last year was Wonder Woman). The figures clearly show what is happening. There is a chance Infinity War will break The Force Awakens and even Titanic since the China market really likes Avengers and I suspect they will probably re-release Infinity war with added footage perhaps before we see the conclusion. I would see it again.
I don't think there will ever be a Star Wars movie that will do as well as The Force awakens. There was an opportunity to do that with Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford still alive but now not anymore obviously as all 3 characters have to be left out of the next movies because of the choices they took in The Last Jedi and Force Awakens.
Infinity War part 2 will probably break records again. I'm really curious to see what happens story wise. I just can't say the same thing about anything Star Wars related I guess? I would have thought I'm not the only one in that boat.

If I explain things in a weird way why I think it is justified Marvel is pretty much beating the Star Wars franchise by the looks of it I'm sorry for that Adje. These are all just random thoughts probably not structured very well.
I think the take away for me is a movie that doesn't make me curious to see what happens next (when we definitely know the next one will be in production) is a bad movie to me.

The best cliffhanger in a series of films still is the end of Back to the future part 2 but Infinity War is pretty close and to achieve that I think is quite good hence my high score.

Last edited by AndrewG; 09 May 2018 at 00:07.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03729 seconds with 14 queries.