View Single Post
Old 28 May 2008, 17:15   #85
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

OK, just to clarify here..............

I am saying that pubs should have the right to be smoking or non smoking.
I am saying that after a long day's work, Joe Bloggs should be able to pop into the pub and enjoy a ciggie and a drink, which has been the simple pleasure of many of the working class since pubs, beer, working class people, and cigarettes were all invented.

What i'm NOT trying to say that smoking anywhere you want with no regard for other people and stifling everybody with unwanted second hand smoke is ok.

People who put their families in harms way because they want to smoke in front of them are irrisponsable.
I'm not arguing that at all.
The same time, it's none of my business, and not really what the thread is supposed to be about.

I can see the wisdom of not having smoking in offices as people who are not smokers are required to work there.
As for shopping centres, I don't think i've EVER pushed a trolly around Asda while sucking on a cancer stick.
To be honest, it's not something that i've ever wanted to do.

The thing about a pub is that is a ADULT RECREATION AREA.

Passive smoking to children is not an option as children shouldn't be in the pub in the first place.

The only passive smoking going on is to other adults in the room, who are old enough to be aware of the health implications.
If non smokers do not want to be in that enviroment, there should be non smoking pubs for them to drink in.

Smoking, as i've said before on this thread, is a horrible habit.
I'm not diputing that.

I'm putting forward an argument for debate that there should be places to suit both smokers and non smokers.
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05295 seconds with 14 queries.