View Single Post
Old 05 Jun 2018, 17:30   #6814
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Dunkirk (2017)
Really thought this was sub-par. Didn't like the fragmented story telling at all. When Tarantino does it it seems awesome. Here it just seemed clumsy and take you out of what is going on the whole time. The final reveal seemed a bit emotionless to me. Could have been awesome that story told with some liberties taken to paint a patriotic picture which the movie eventually tries but completely fails.
Such an awful soundtrack. What were they thinking? Hans Zimmer is getting worse for sure. One of the worst and most nauseating soundtracks I've heard in a major movie. Bizarre.
A normal chronological edit and a proper soundtrack would have fixed most things I bet.
Only like Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. I find the rest of what he has done very sub enjoyable for many reasons. Not that a war movie necessarily needs to be enjoyable but all this stuff has been done so much better before. I'd say even something like Fury with Brad Pitt is far, far better than this mess. Then there are classics from Spielberg and stylish visions such as Inglorious Basterds from Tarantino. This tries to be both and is just not good in the end. Neither was Interstellar. Nolan is starting to head down the worst list of directors I can mention by name but still his 3 Dark Knight movies make him more than a one hit wonder I think. The worst offenders I can think of are Steven Soderbergh and Rian Johnson.
5/10

The accountant (2016)
It's ok. Some good bits here and there. Bit daft some of it. I'd rather watch something like this type of safe movie on loop than sit through a non Dark Knight Nolan movie again.
7/10

Last edited by AndrewG; 05 Jun 2018 at 17:55.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05743 seconds with 14 queries.