View Single Post
Old 22 May 2018, 19:24   #6804
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
I don't think the failure of the characters necessarily makes it a bad story or bad movie per se.
I think you missed my point. The failure part isn't the reason I think Avengers is a poor movie. The reason I find it a poor movie is because their failure is meaningless. Even the ultimate fail in these movies (death) means nothing. Peter Parker, Quill, and whoever seems important in their universe, will return from the death, because new movies have to be made. So basically there is no limit = no emotional connection.

And of course it doesn't help that it has the depth of a computergame. It lacks the heart of an action movie with all the non stop CGI stuff. What should trigger us, as a viewer is the failure part. But it doesn't because you know your main characters will return.

Basically the movie just lack effort. "We have a bunch of known superheroes. We have a computer proggie that creates any special effect you need. Voila!"

And that's part one. Then we get the sequels:
"We have a bigger bunch of known superheroes. We still have a computer proggie that creates any special effect you need. Voila!"

And then there is infinity war:
"We have almost all known superheroes. We have a computer proggie that creates any special effect you need. And for emotional value, we kill a few of them off, so people can root for their resurrection! Voila!"

Absolutely no effort.
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02807 seconds with 14 queries.