View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 2011, 13:19   #52
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

I'll believe it when I see it.

From what I can deduce Jim doesn't really seem to have music on his mind at the moment, going by his Facebook profile and what has been happening over the last decade. On his profile he seems to like to post some vids about his clothing ideas and random political stuff. Not saying that an artist can't do those things but keeping your main work a "secret" seems ludicrous to me in a time when probably the majority of people don't care about it except for his most dedicated fans, which figure I reckon is only in the thousands and hardly enough to consider filling a theatre night after night. Thus perhaps the secret element is only there so that no one will be expecting anything as not to disappoint anyone when things don't come of the ground, like what happened with the Batman musical.

In either case it doesn't sound like anything is at an advanced stage. At this rate I really don't think we will ever see this musical. I hope to be proven wrong but it's been what, like 5 years since we heard Jim talk about this idea. What's been done in all that time. To then present a musical with mostly old material really seems incredibly unproductive for an experienced song writer and composer.

I am not trying to debunk Jim's skills. I think he is an awesome songwriter, absolutely the best. But to have someone like Justin Hawkins contribute songs to Meat Loaf whilst we know Jim still has a few which he could sing and instead are gathering dust is a completely preposterous situation from two men who brought two of the best albums ever produced.

Last edited by AndrewG; 23 Feb 2011 at 13:30.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07016 seconds with 14 queries.