View Single Post
Old 28 May 2008, 17:46   #91
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
OK, just to clarify here..............

I am saying that pubs should have the right to be smoking or non smoking.
I am saying that after a long day's work, Joe Bloggs should be able to pop into the pub and enjoy a ciggie and a drink, which has been the simple pleasure of many of the working class since pubs, beer, working class people, and cigarettes were all invented.

The thing about a pub is that is a ADULT RECREATION AREA.

The only passive smoking going on is to other adults in the room, who are old enough to be aware of the health implications.
If non smokers do not want to be in that enviroment, there should be non smoking pubs for them to drink in.
Many things that were once seen as ok, now aren't. More and more people have learnt smoking really isn't. Because it was acceptable yrs ago doesn't mean it has to stay that way. Not wearing seatblets was once ok, talking on mobiles, even drink driving yrs ago was seen as an ok thing to do. eating the unhealthy British diet is now known to be bad for us.

Like others have said why should they make the 2 options as that then again takes away our right as to what we do and we didn't decide to take up this disgusting habit. like RJ says having two options takes away ours and who has more of a right? IMO the non smokers and as far as i can see, you really are the only one seeing it the other way. Hence why there is a total no smoking ban I guess.
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02462 seconds with 14 queries.