View Single Post
Old 28 May 2008, 17:14   #84
RadioMaster
The German

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
But I fear that I still cannot see a single compelling argument to say why it is illegal for Landlords to have the right to decide if they want to run a smoking or a none smoking pub.

Something we have to keep in mind here is that we lived in a 'mixed' society. Smokers are friends of non smokers and vice versa. (Hell, just look at people on this forum!!)

So, would bars for smokers and for non smokers be a help? Not really as youd generate a two class society.
Non smoking friends of smokers will always want to spend time with their friends, so its highly unlikely that a group of people would divide into two because some of them smoke and some dont.

So they'll all visit one pub together, now what would be best, to have a smoking ban, or not?
If some of them smoke all the non smokers will be affected and suffer.
Will the smokers be affected and suffering if they all went to a bar with smoking ban, because their friends dont smoke and they have to go outside for five minutes? Maybe, but as I said earlier, it's has to be decided who's personal right to express themseves is more imprtant...
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02522 seconds with 14 queries.