View Single Post
Old 11 Jul 2016, 10:21   #4
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

To me there's no point Meat doing covers that Bonnie has done as they are mostly quite well known and quite well produced in the first place. Not really sure Loving you was necessary or even Meat's duet rendition of It's all Coming Back (original and Celine Dion version are more memorable imo). Total Eclipse and Bonnie's Making Love to my ears were definitive versions. I remember hearing Bonnie's Making Love on the radio in 1995 and thought it was first Total Eclipse and then a sequel (never heard the original) within 5 seconds so that says enough.

Stark Raving Love and Dance in my pants could have been on Braver imo. The one song I don't get why it's missing is Graveyard Shift. I think it's an excellent song "I see it all!". Probably better than some that have made it on Braver. Had all of these together with the Angels Arise choir with pounding Piano (album opening) and Body been on Braver too I think they could have justifiably called it Bat 4 easily. Going all the way could then have been the final goodbye I think. The lyrics in Angels Arise "Gotham City is our home..." could easily have been changed to "this Godforsaken Town is our home" to tie in with AFL. It's a disgrace hardly anyone will ever hear Angels Arise. The ending "As the night must surely, always, always fall" with the counter point piano backing and lyric "Looks like it's gonna be a dark one tonight" are some of Steinman's best ideas ever imo.
Note: It's not up to me what an artist does at all. These are just my dream ideas.

I agree with Evil, really not sure those blog mentioned song titles / lyrics ever existed as full songs. Nothing has ever materialised from these in all the random Dream Engine Malarky / Jim tribute shows that appeared in random places (with his involvement at times) from what I've read.

Last edited by AndrewG; 11 Jul 2016 at 10:47.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.05242 seconds with 14 queries.