View Single Post
Old 14 May 2013, 20:41   #2
lorenzoduke
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
About the Dutch and Meat:

As I told before, most of the Dutch only know Meat from Paradise and Anything for love. They think the whole world only knows Meat because of those two songs.
They don’t know Mr. Loaf has done a lot of music and movies. I really don’t know why. Is it a media-thing? Is it bad taste? 
Ofcourse, thank God, there are also real fans who know more about him and there are even the diehards who know a lot (can be found on this forum as well I guess)

Two funny anecdotes:

When I told that I was extremely excited that Meat would come to the Netherlands again somebody asked: “Huh? Is that man still alive?”

After the M&G last Saturday I ofcourse had to change my profilepicture on facebook
Got a reaction from a friend: “Wow, who’s this handsom?” (she thought I had a new man, although he has the same age as my father). So I replied: “Meat Loaf!” and she replied a bit ashamed “Oh, uhhh, haha, he hasn’t changed a bit”

OMG, sighhhhh…. (LOL)

Anyway, wish I was in Belfast right now!
Sad to say I found this attitude a lot when I was in the Netherlands too. In fact there seemed to be an attitude of disdain to visiting foreign artists in general. I even saw Paul McCartney get a frosty reception over there!
lorenzoduke is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05740 seconds with 14 queries.