View Single Post
Old 03 Jul 2016, 21:41   #109
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by proctorloaf View Post
ALL of Jim Steinman's songs are BAT songs. They are from the same world. They all fit into Neverland.
I remember in a documentary - I'm sure it was one of the retrospective Bat ones but can't remember if it was Meat or Jim who said the line - it being said that everything Jim writes goes into Neverland. It's all parts of one story. The more i think,it was Meat who says it. But yes, i think to Jim everything he has done has in some way fit in with that story so any of his songs could turn up in one form or another.

If you listen to all of his work you can almost hear it as a musical because lyrically and musically there are so many connections between them - riffs, chord progressions. You can tell they were always meant to be part of one thing. I think the hardest part for Jim was deciding which to use. I can imagine Paradise would fit as it is as part of a flashback or a vision of the future. Objects quite easily could be a retrospective piece by a character reminiscing about their past.
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.

Page generated in 0.03749 seconds with 14 queries.