View Single Post
Old 26 May 2008, 22:03   #17
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

In my opinion if pubs are closing that is a shame for the owners and staff, however if it helps to cut down the tremendous amount of policing of drunk people in this country I think that is a very good thing. Perhaps the police can then spend time sorting out this murdering carry on which has spiralled out of control recently.
Look at other European countries, there is nothing like the policing of drunk people on this scale over there, in fact whenever I've seen trouble on holiday there has been British people involved, I really feel ashamed how this country deals with "coolness" of getting drunk. It's probably got a lot to do with me not being interested in drink that much but I've seen a lot of bad things happen cuz of the stuff, certainly when I was living in Glasgow and also being held at knife point twice, honestly it is not nice! I say tax drink more! Being able to drink 65p vodka cokes at Uni and Uni itself actually recommending getting pissed cheaply is not a good thing for many irresponsible people in my opinion at all.

Last edited by AndrewG; 26 May 2008 at 22:20.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04904 seconds with 14 queries.