View Single Post
Old 24 Jun 2009, 23:56   #4183
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"

Oh my god. Words fail to describe this awful, awful, awful mess of what cannot really be called a "movie" in my opinion.
And me actually having an appreciation of the MTV - popcorn style movies which Michael Bay is famous for doing (the awesome Bat 2 Meat Loaf videos, I also loved "The Rock", "Bad Boys I" and especially "Armageddon") I can ONLY conlcude this one sucks ass big time. Possibly one of the worst cinema experiences I have ever had (no joke). I just wanted it to end after about 45 minutes in... I definitely would have walked out of the cinema if I had been there alone or if I was with someone else who didn't like it.

The first Transformers movie would never be in my top 100 films or let alone top 1000 probably but at least it had originality, some interesting ideas and funny bits. I actually remember seeing the Transformers car chase mid way through and thinking it was excellent. The 2nd installment is just ridiculous. 150 minutes of explosions, CGI, empty and uninteresting characters who all pretty much do nothing, plot lines which move far too fast, no single shot that lasts longer than 1 second, Megan Fox (hugely overrated imo) running around for no reason in a slinky top, absolutely NO character development, etc. etc. And believe me I actually wanted to like this film and would have forgiven some of these cliches to an extent but 150 minutes of constant CGI really does not make a movie I think. There is NO heart in this, NO passion for making a movie which harnass human values to any extent, instead it spits in the face of decency and it makes a Britney Spears musicvideo look like an opus. The "script" must have been 1 single A4 sheet????

Definitely the worst thing I have EVER seen that has had the names "Michael Bay" and "Steven Spielberg" associated with it. I have forgiven them both for "Bad Boys II", "Pearl Harbour", "1941" and "Amistad". How in God's name do they get away with making something like this????

Extremely disappointed.... I cannot believe Paramount and Dreamworks have commissioned Transformers 3. I can only conclude they have NO dignity whatsoever and I have lost a LOT of respect for Spielberg on this one too.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05890 seconds with 15 queries.