Thread: Tyce Green
View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2017, 14:11   #201
2jaxx
Senior Loafer

Quote:
I totally (as you know) diagree with downloading leaks etc....I think only a musician may understand 100%.....having said all that you dont have the Tyce album, well if you pay the shipping i will send you a signed copy on me...just inbox me, or you can wait until jan/feb 2018 when Warner Bros release the streaming rights worldwide for all mediums..

NJ
I am a musician myself actually. We have not recorded yet, but dealing with leaks and illegal downloads might actually be something I might be confronted with in the future. This is only hypothecical, but I think, someone showing up at a show after having received a "free" copy of my music, is still someone I appreciate seeing there.

It is understandable that leaks are something the artist and associates want to prevent. Having said that, when I am looking forward to hearing a new recording by one of my favorite artists, I can't wait and I grasp every opportunity there is to listen to the recording earlier.
In this case, as i stated, I had preordered, and I wouldn't have cancelled that order under any circumstance anyway.
So I can live with this sin just fine. If there is a legal streaming option for something I am interested in, I never would use the illegal source. Still, there is the possibility that I want to own a physical copy if the music means something to me.

I see and I understand where you are coming from. But, as Adje says, these days you must try a different approach. It is all about the package and presentation. There are a lot of things you can't properly copy. Think about special editions, cool merchandise, vinyl releases and of course there still are live shows.
2jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06025 seconds with 14 queries.