Thread: Tyce Green
View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 2017, 00:05   #154
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

The fact is that more people today want to hear what they are potentially buying and as we say in the country Tyce Green is a "pig in a poke". Most people never heard of him, maybe they will someday but counting on people to just blindly buy his CD is probably unrealistic.

Whether or not that is technically "right" is an entirely other issue. I have heard songs playing in stores and bought the song, but there I had exposure to the song. Where do you get that with Tyce? It is basically saying I like Jim Steinman songs so I will just track down this relative unknown and buy what he is selling.

Things just don't work that way now because other ways are available if you know how to search. It used to be that you heard the song on the radio but that is very difficult for new artists now.

If I invest $20 in a CD and toss it in the bin or resell it on ebay because I don't like it I had to find an artist with almost zero promotion and buy on blind faith or I can just take a listen - just one listen and if I like it I buy it.

It is not like at least 90% of internet savvy people have not done this. It is just the way of the world now and expecting someone to track it down with no publicity and blindly fork over $20 is just not practical.

Legality is another thing, but the pragmatic way of the world is what it is. Unless someone can plead innocent to ever downloading it is a part of everyday life now - right or wrong.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.

Page generated in 0.05572 seconds with 14 queries.