View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2009, 17:04   #4378
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post
I think it's increadible what CGI was capable of 16 years ago, when most recent films dont even reach that level!
I think there is a difference between using CGI in a subtle/effective way and just using it as a tool if you don't have a story/reason for making a film. If you look closely at the T Rex scene in JP (which is absolutely amazing and one of the best bits of Hollywood cinema I can think of) the blend between the CGI dino and the real half T Rex puppet they had has been done extremely well, it just looks incredibly real. They pushed the envelope in many ways, not just CGI but having an electric dino puppet been blasted by rain etc.
Just filling the screen with endless CGI created landscapes such as they have done in GI Joe doesn't do much for me anymore (I agree the first time it was impressive in the mid 90s). I sincerely hope it completely stops as it is just not impressive anymore imo, just boring and stupid.

Actually come to think of it. Compare Jurassic Park to King Kong (2005 remake) and you will probably see what I mean. JP is awesome and scary and well thought out, King Kong is such a load of shit and it is just stupid.

Last edited by AndrewG; 17 Aug 2009 at 17:09.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02460 seconds with 14 queries.