Thread: Tyce Green
View Single Post
Old 21 Mar 2017, 12:24   #130
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindnick1 View Post
KEEP BUYING music, keep sharing and pushing new artists and classic artists like Meat etc etc.....after all, have you heard the state of the current music out now!! deplorable crap......so if your picking on Tyce's voice, or any others remember the consequencies years down the road when they simply won't be ANY good music....
I think this is quite subjective about "won't be ANY good music". There is always good music being made somewhere, film music, indie artists, some popular artists etc. In fact it is much easier to make good sounding music at home now. Easier than it has ever been. And other channels are out there which people can explore and find good music. Just turn on spotify and see the countless of moods / playlists etc to have some idea what exactly is out there, eclectic tastes, instrumentals etc....

Like him or not, Ed Sheeran has 16 songs in the UK top 40. Quite an accomplishment to be that popular at a certain time and I believe he writes his own songs. He does this pretty much without gimmicks. Other people like Little Mix, others like Meat Loaf and others still like Tyce Green. But the latter two don't really fall into the popular, massive download buying audience anymore. I think that era is over, but who knows that type of music might come back into the charts. It depends on what the radio plays, what the youth buys and what works well on TV or at festivals I guess.

The choice in music is larger than it has ever been. I think with that should come an acceptance that in the vast number of cases your audience will be small, rather than saying "there is no good music out there." I think that is the easy way out to avoid that acceptance and it is not really true....
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02354 seconds with 14 queries.