Thread: Tyce Green
View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2017, 19:22   #126
mindnick1
Sound Guy

Thanks so much for this, makes us want to continue and do more.....the picking on Tyce's voice seems totally unnessesary to me (and the same with Meats voice for that matter) Tyce is only 24 years old choosing to sing some of the greatest and hardest songs ever written, ML will surely agree with that!!!!!and most in the original key Jim wrote in also!!, its his first album and to take on these epics was and is a monumental task!!!! Type is NOT Meat and Meat is NOT Tyce, Tyce is NOT trying to be Meat!!!
i said this in the begging and you "PanicLord" nailed it below......we did did try to keep it modern and we did put our own stamp on it, and this was designed for a younger crowd, and it is an attempt to introduce Jim's music to a new generation.......crazy as it sounds but i have had numerous questions from Men and Women who are in their early 20s asking "who wrote these songs".....remember a 24 year old man/woman will barely know Bat 2, never mind Bat 1 and Dead Ringer!!....so mission accomplished....

I was there at 54 Below when Tyce sang "For Crying Out Loud" directly to Jim in the audience..... Who has the balls to sing one of the greatest songs ever written directly to the man who wrote it, not even 10 ft away, and to pull it off like he did!!!! and bring tears of joy to Jim's face!!! it was not perfect, but then again its not meant to be perfect either, just like Hero, it was the raw emotion and the meaning behind the words that brought the venue to a standstill......its NOT all about the voice, in fact we may have had some better vocal takes on some of the album but catching the emotion is way more important than anything in Jim's music!!!! fyi the bonus CD was all ONE take One Evening when Tyce and Zak were fooling around behind a grand piano, we just let it roll and did not edit at all!!!! RAW!

KEEP BUYING music, keep sharing and pushing new artists and classic artists like Meat etc etc.....after all, have you heard the state of the current music out now!! deplorable crap......so if your picking on Tyce's voice, or any others remember the consequencies years down the road when they simply won't be ANY good music....

"Keep on Rocking" is Meat favorite quote.......not picking....but Rocking!!

Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicLord View Post
I have to say I really like this album and it grows oon me every time I listen. To my ears they set out to make modern rock versions of the songs and I think they did precisely that. I sympathise with the comment about Mariah Carey style vocals and hate it when things get unnecessarily twiddly. However I didn't find Tyce went over the top in that regard. In fact I think he knocks the vocals out of the park while also putting his own stamp on the songs, as does the production. In terms of the track Braver... well let's just say the bits I thought would work much better in the high male register work brilliantly well in the high male register.

All in all it's refreshing to have so much new or re imagined Jim content coming out and I really hope that all of the publicity adds up to lots of new young fans to keep Jim's legacy alive.

Thanks Nick, Tyce, and the team! I hope it's a massive success and opens the possibility of more in the future.
mindnick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.03130 seconds with 14 queries.