View Single Post
Old 02 Dec 2017, 08:43   #6711
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adje View Post
The US version is 24 minutes longer and mainly contain more backstory info on Jack's alcoholism etc. Kubric decided to have two different versions because he didn't think European cinema fans needed the extra explanation and felt that the US cinema visitors wouldn't understand the movie without the extra scenes.

Kubric did not have a favorite version though.

On BluRay the US version is only released for America while the European version was released on all the other continents. Still they are both region free and work on all BluRay players. As a fan of the movies I own both versions but the US edition is kinda dragging (to me) so I never watch that one. That said, the European version is missing a few interesting moments, in particular, much of the dialogue between Lloyd and Jack, and a lot of the 'day to day' moments at the Overlook, and several scenes are cut short like Danny in the bedroom with Jack.

I believe they did the same with the streams. The US version can only be viewed from US services while all other streamings use the European version. So the amazon.com version should be different from the amazon.co.uk version
Lol how to make something simple very complicated! Anyhow I loved whichever the hell version I watched 😂
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.02464 seconds with 14 queries.