View Single Post
Old 07 Sep 2010, 12:50   #53
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve6 View Post
We could say the same thing about Marion Raven...excellent singer, but the only thing she's known for so far is the duet with Meat Loaf.
That's not right. She has released albums and had hits. She was well-known in some countries already and they probably thought they could introduce her to the rest of the world via Meat. Strangely, she apparently hasn't been that successful after her collaboration with him... but she provided Meat with a No. 1 hit in Norway. Her ex-colleague Marit Larsen had a No. 1 hit over here, without having to hijack someone else's album. No offense intended towards Marion, I believe it wasn't her fault.

Patti is a better performer though. My first thought when I saw the IACBTMN video was "Who's that girl? Where the hell is Patti?" And then: "Oh, they think the old man can't have a hit on his own anymore, that's why they hired a young chick to sing Celine Dion covers with him." Marion Raven is a good singer but not the right partner for Meat, in my opinion. No one compares to Patti in this respect.

Page generated in 0.02566 seconds with 14 queries.