View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2016, 17:39   #6475
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicLord View Post
Finding Dory.

At their best, Pixar films blow me away. The Toy Story trilogy. Up. Wall E. Inside Out. And of course the original triumph that was Finding Nemo.

Finding Dory for me doesn't quite make it up to that standard. It's just a little bit too predictable. A little bit too safe. A serious of mild perils are encountered each of which are relatively easily over come. Pixar at it's inventive best shows you things you hadn't seen before or even imagined. In this film some of the scenes are very basically lifted from the first film. I would welcome the odd nostalgic reference if the remainder of the film was packed with inventive laugh out loud or heart in mouth moments.

Sadly it isn't. Apart from a beautiful slow mo bit at the end that shows the Pixar inventiveness and sly humour finally kicking into top gear the rest is relatively uninspired.

However, please don't get the impression it is a bad film. Far from it. It was quite funny, well acted, beautifully designed, the Septopus was great, and everyone of course lives happily ever after.

Just don't expect to be blown away.

4/5
Actually having thought about it some more I think 3/5 is more accurate.
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03569 seconds with 14 queries.