View Single Post
Old 12 May 2013, 21:40   #56
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Apologies to Andy if he thinks this is still off the main topic, but I wanted to comment on Todd's motivations for doing Bat as opposed to those of Meat & Jim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White of High View Post
He was talking about he had done Bat for money. I'm not naiv to believe musicans do music for only their hobby. Bat2 was for money, HCTB was for money and all concert are for money and not for being good. If you are realistic, Todd is right!
Todd's motivation for doing Bat are his own.
Meat & Jimmy, I believe, were motivated more by creating something great, and maybe to gain a little recognition and acclaim (although this turned out to be something that bit Meat in the ass as his problems with being called a star took hold).

You can't believe the motives of one are the motives for all.

Money is a very useful thing to have (let's be realistic here), but an artist (be it a singer, a painter, a writter, or a balloon animal sculpter) who does what they do for the financial is nothing but a monkey.
An artist who works just for money rather than a form of expression is a fraud.

How many artists have gone undiscovered, unappreciated, and unsold, until after their deaths.
Should these people have just given up and gone out and got a real job?
They carried on because it was in them to do it.

As for Meat's other works (including Bat II and HCTB).
You're missing the artistic tempriment.
What would happen if an artist were happy creating one masterpiece in their lifetime?

Would Michelangelo have quit to live off a sack full of cash long before he painted the ceiling of The Sistine Chapel?

Stephen King would have quit long before starting The Dark Tower series.

The Mona who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ernie View Post
Even though I do think that there's a saturation point with artists. I mean, how much money do you really need to be happy?
Money can't buy happiness.
Money is a (very nice) by product of success.
It can be earned and deserved, and if it is you have every right to it

One thing I can say, hand on heart, is no matter if I were never paid to sing again, or weather 100 million landed in my bank account tomorow, i'd still keep doing what I do.

So, to come full circle after explaining my point rather extensively ........

Todd's reason for doing Bat are his own, but you can't say they are the motivations of everyone involved
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.02368 seconds with 14 queries.