View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 2016, 19:07   #307
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
It isn't hypocritical -- I've never posted anything from this site on any other form of social media to date (in fact, I don't even use any other form of social media personally).
I actully meant, having inside info, sharing it here and don't want it to go out

Quote:
I do take your point on 'sharing' and the nature of some of those who post on this forum (and it did come from a regular poster). I guess it teaches me for trying to share some of this stuff. As such, I don't have the time for this draining and frankly incredibly tedious game of rhetoric, so I'm going to have to say that: [I]"this will be my last post here for quite some time" [/I]. There you go, it's even in quotation marks for dramatic effect
Tbh, I don't understand your dramatic decision. But it's not up to me anyway

Quote:
I know it's a game or 'bait the bear', 'see who can get an inflammatory response from trollish comments' to you, Adje -- which is why I don't reply for the majority of the time, because it's so transparent that it just becomes tedious -- but for me this is my career, and there's slightly more at stake than killing some time on the Internet by acting like a child. I just don't have the time or the drive for it right now. But hey, I know I won't lose any sleep over it.
Well you know me and thus I am sure you know I don't intend to troll you. They are meant as friendly stabs. Didn't know you took it that seriously until your earlier post. I don't intend to annoy you man. That said, it is your career but you go to a place where people are free to put their thought on it. Again, yes I think the musical is not going to work. But most of my responses should be taken with a pinch of salt. My way of trying to humor you, because I do know that the musical is a big deal to you. So basically I try to cut the edges a bit. I thought you'd knew this.

Quote:
It's a shame in a lot of ways, because it spoils it for those who actually do care about this musical and are interested in the creative side of how it all came together (among other things). I've enjoyed talking with those people the past few months, and I look forward to seeing you at the show.

Hopefully I'll catch some of you in Manchester/London in 2017 (except for Adje ... who isn't interested in the show yet constantly posts in this thread anyway).

Peace out
Again, you knew from the start you'd not only get the yay- sayers here. But if it means that much to you, keep posting for the people that are interested. I won't respond to your posts again, in any form.

But one last stab because your last remark asked for it (and I hope you can see the humor in it)
You probbably catch them all in Manchester. Not me as you said, but I bet it shouldn't be hard to personally welcome the 20+ people that are actually going.

That said, and I do mean this. I am happy you do something you are passionate about. And I am happy it works for you. Just like Wario, who says to get heat for his performances. So what. You managed to (I assume) make a job out of your hobby and do what you really want. And I salute you for that, man. I hope this will be the start of much more for you

Last edited by Adje; 28 Nov 2016 at 19:12.
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02953 seconds with 14 queries.