View Single Post
Old 03 Feb 2018, 21:15   #5
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
I posted it without comment because I just found the whole thing so strange .....

I assume Meat got an interview request and granted it so he didn't have anything prepared to discuss and was just being gracious and the interviewer showed up unprepared. I can't imagine Meat being too happy with what they printed and I wonder how much was left out to fit the writer's narrative.
Yes, it seemed odd to me. Like you, I think it would have been at their request, and while I don't know exactly when it took place, given Meat was booked originally for surgery in early January I have to think it would have been before Christmas, which was a time when Meat had a movie he was hoping to work on in July and other plans for the autumn. I too wonder what was omitted to suit the story the interviewer in my view decided as soon as he saw Meat's situation .. and even given that, there was no sense of him using the opportunity to solicit Meat's feelings looking back; probably because Meat didn't see himself that way, even if he was despondent at not being able to sing while his back was causing him such pain.

I'm sure there are fans who enjoyed this interview, just as I am sure there are those who like me, and I think you too, who found it superficial, lazy and not doing a man who had been gracious enough to agree to go through with it any justice.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02507 seconds with 14 queries.